We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to drop car off near LAX

Anaheim, California
6 posts
Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

Hi,

My mom is coming back from Europe this week at LAX. I have to leave urgently out of town and want to leave her car near the airport (she has her own key) so she can pick it up. Is there a place I can leave it and prepay for it (I anticipate only leaving it a day or two) that is safe and where she could show proof of payment in advance?

8 replies to this topic
Fremont, California
Level Contributor
74,664 posts
8,650 reviews
4,050 helpful votes
1. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

one of the long term lax parking lots? Tell her where you parked the car,

Lucca, Italy
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
14,216 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

You can reserve a parking space at one of the hotels near the airport on www.snagaspace.com. They will send you a digital copy of the receipt for the parking to your email. You can share this with your mom, then she takes the hotel shuttle to the parked car and shows the digital receipt to exit the lot.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
29,032 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

I haven't used snagaspacet but do use Spothero. I haven't used at LAX but have used it in the Bay Area and NYC and Philadelphia.

Here are the instructions for the Courtyard Marriott LAX if you book via SpotHero and should work for you. It is listed as highly rated on SpotHero.

>>>Arrival

Show the front desk your SpotHero Parking Pass, either printed or on a mobile device.

The front desk will hand you a parking pass to display on your car. Shuttle service is available to and from LAX. Shuttle runs 24/7 and every 15-20 minutes. Please board the Wally Park LAX EXPRESS shuttle bus.

Departure

Upon arrival, please wait under the Red "Hotel Shuttles" area in the arrivals level.

When you return back to the hotel, the gate will open and you are free to go!<<<

https://spothero.com/airport-parking/9342/6161-w-century-blvd?starts=2021-08-30T07%3A00&ends=2021-09-01T23%3A00&airport=true

Edited: 24 August 2021, 20:36
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,343 posts
16 reviews
21 helpful votes
4. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

I guess I'm wondering why you have to prepay for the parking if it's only going to be for a day or two. Doesn't your mother have a credit card with which to pay for the parking? If so, simply enter a lot that issues a paper ticket, leave the ticket in the car and she can pay as she leaves. Of course, some would say that doing so risks that the car could be broken into, the ignition lock could then be picked, the car started and then driven out of the lot, facilitated by the thief using the paper ticket to pay for parking.

The likelihood of that is quite remote, though: I've parked at LAX dozens and dozens of times and my car has never been broken into. Besides, you could be creative by, say, inserting the ticket into a paperback book, left on the floor of the car. (I hope the thief isn't reading this. LOL).

5. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2021, 01:39

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
31,235 posts
49 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

I guess I'm wondering why you have to prepay for the parking...

If I were flying back from Europe and my son is parking my car for me to pick up, he'd better pay for parking, or he is off the will.

Level Contributor
12,639 posts
10 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

airportparkinglax.net

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
29,032 posts
24 reviews
85 helpful votes
8. Re: Need to drop car off near LAX
Save

TSS for the win! Lol.

You have options to prepay. I am sure you feel guilty not being able to pick her up in person. I hope she has a safe journey home.

Reply to: Need to drop car off near LAX
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.