We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sihanoukville to Bkk?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Sihanoukville to Bkk?

Next month I'll be in Sihanoukville for a few days and then I'll have to come back to bkk. So I'm just wondering...

1. Is there any bus from Sihanoukville to Bkk? I have looked up and I see mostly scams...

2.If there's any bus, could you please recommend which company? And how much would it be?

I think if I can't find a bus, I'll then have to take a bus to Phnom Penh then a plane to Bkk? Is there any other possible ways that I'll use less time and don't face any problems (since it'.l be the end of my trip) anyways, thank you!

Edited: 17 May 2015, 15:15
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,800 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Sihanoukville to Bkk?

you could fly from S'ville to Siem Reap and then either bus (via the Poipet/Aranyapratheet border - read up on the scams there) or fly to Bkk

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
316 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Sihanoukville to Bkk?

As far as I'm aware the only company doing through buses are Virak Buntam which gets a pretty terrible name.

One option is to do it independantly-

Bus from Sihanukville to Koh Kong (4 to 5 hours, approx $8), moto or taxi to the border (20 minutes, 100 baht by moto), wait for a mini bus to fill & then mini bus to Trat (1hour 15 minutes, 120 baht), from Trat buses run to Bangkok every hour or so & take around 5 hours, just be careful as some go to Mo Chit & some Ekamai.

Setting out from Sihanukville on the 8am buses you should be in Bangkok around 8pm including waiting time.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,423 posts
169 reviews
3. Re: Sihanoukville to Bkk?

I would get a taxi up to Phnom Penh & then fly to Bangkok, rather than getting buses all the way

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: Sihanoukville to Bkk?

Depends how much time/patience you have! We are going to PP (bus) then a flight to BKK. Much faster.

5. Re: Sihanoukville to Bkk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2016, 09:46