We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

Hi there,

what is the fastest way to reach Sihanoukville from Siam Reap? We travel with suitcases, quite uncomfy I know!

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville Province, Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Bairnsdale...
Level Contributor
208 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

The fastest way would be to travel from Siem Reap to Phnom Pehn by plane and then catch a bus to Sihanoukville (you will love it, we did).

The cheapest would be to catch a bus from Siem Reap to PP then another Bus from PP to Sihanoukville.

Hope that helps

dee

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,135 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

A lot of us opt to take the bus. You might want to break up the trip with a night in Phnom Penh. I know you said fastest, but the trip from Siem Reap is 6 hours and the trip to Sihanoukville is 4 hours, which makes for a long, tiring trip.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

hi,

and thanks for the replies! Isn't there though a direct connection between Siam Reap and Sihanoukville?

thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,135 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

There was something about a new night bus from SR-PP but I haven't heard of anything that goes through to Snooky, though. You might inquire at your hotel when you get there...

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
241 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

I just returned to Phnom Penh from Sihuanokville via the Mekong Bus line.

According to their brochure, if you depart Sihuanokville at 7:45 a.m. you have to switch buses in Phnom Penh for Siem Reap, arriving there 12 hours later. As many have said, this company a cut above other bus lines. The buses are cleaner, have cabin attendants, provide free water and a sweet snack. Most importantly there's a toilet on board.

They even tag luggage like airlines.

Mentioned in this post
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

Yes, I can confirm there's now a new night bus leaving from Siem Reap and heading to Sihanoukville, leaving every day at 8 pm and reaching Sihanoukville at 6 am the day after. It's a comfy bus with a lot of legroom and almost flattly reclinable seats, plus 2 drivers for added safety.

Mentioned in this post
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Sihanoukville
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,135 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

Yeah, my friend said it's the Virak Bus Co. that does the night runs from Siem Reao to Snooky, lv 8pm arr 6:30am, $12 foreigners, $10 Khmer. The phone #s are 017-790444 & 015-958989.

8. Re: Siam Reap to Sihanoukville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 10:48