We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about JTNP from Anaheim

newjersey
Level Contributor
72 posts
35 reviews
Questions about JTNP from Anaheim

Hi and thank you in advance! We are coming from Anaheim very early on a Wednesday in mid-September. What entrance should we use? We want to see as much of the park as possible . We know it will be hot so trying to get there very early. We have the day and will be staying in Palm Springs that night. Should we stop in PS (is PS even on the way or is it a waste of time to do that)to drop luggage or will it be ok while in and out of car ? What should we definitely not miss? How should we map route?

1 reply
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,812 posts
6,431 reviews
1. Re: Questions about JTNP from Anaheim

You want to take the Indio exit which is off the I-10.

Pick up a map at the Visitor Center. There is a ranger on duty for any questions.

You can see a lot of the park from your car. If you want to take any hikes, short to medium hikes only this time of year and morning hours. (Note: If you get a cooler nicer day of course its ok to hike later in the day.).

I have kept luggage in the trunk of my car, and been fire with it. We did this when we went last August and was driving from Palm Springs to Las Vegas. Others have done the same. If you want to, its fine to drop off as well.

The one thing you NEED to do is take waters and snacks/lunch with you for the day;

There are NO services in the park. There are picnic areas, etc. but no place to buy any water or food onice you enter the park.

Plan on at least 3 to 4 hours to see the park minimum. We'e stayed a full day and enjoyed it.

Reply to: Questions about JTNP from Anaheim
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Joshua Tree