We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Topic
Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

I'd like some suggestions for places to eat that won't break the bank as we are going to be there for two weeks. Thanks

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

Inexpensive and Indian Wells are not words that go together.It is a pretty high end community.

If you want good restaurants at a decent price try near The River complex in Rancho Mirage.There are many chains.Rubys,PF Changs,The Yardhouse.

There are tons of options up and down Hwy 111.Elephant Bar in Palm Desert is not pricy.They stopped making potato skins a few months ago,so I have a real issue with that!!For breakfast I like a place called John's in Palm Desert.Inexpensive,big portions. One place I liked for a burger and beer for lunch was the new Jacalope Ranch in Indio.The outside bar area looks like a park,with waterfalls and lawns.

For a real locals Mexican place try Macarios in Indio.Been there forever.Mariachi bands play in the evenings.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

You don't have to stick to Indian Wells for restaurants. Palm Desert, La Quinta and Rancho Mirage are close.

The Cliff House in La Quinta is built right into the rock at Happy Point.

http://www.laquintacliffhouse.com/

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

No, not really. Not even that many restaurants in Indian Wells proper that aren't in the hotels.

If you cruise down Hwy 111 toward La Quinta, at Washington you'll find the Beer Hunter, a Vons with salad bar, across the street a branch of the Falls with a good happy hour, branch of Fishermans Market, a Trader Joes with stuff you can bring back to the hotel, keep going and there isPanera, IHOP, Mimis and various other low cost chains.

At the Cliff House I would stick to the bar menu. The restaurant is overpriced and under good.

Edited: 07 September 2010, 10:28
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

I think the OP went last May. Where did you dig this old post up? : )

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

I am still here!!!! And, I'm going in March 2011. I have never gone to a tennis tournament in my 70 years, and I thought I'd better go before time runs out. I am so excited already. I hope my favorite player is healthy---Rafa. And, I hope he wins today.

Thanks to all that replied. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to answer. Since we are going for two weeks, I'm going to really use your suggestions.

Level Contributor
34,712 posts
891 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

In Palm Desert, check out Tommy Bahamas Tropical Cafe. A really fun place with great food. Enjoy your time in the desert! :)

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

I second a visit to the Cliff House in La Quinta. Nice setting, friendly service, very good happy hour on the patio with the bar menu. I agree with a previous poster that the main restaurant is a bit pricey.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

If you are on a budget I don't recommend Tommy Bahamas. The food isn't even that great, although they used to have steel drum band that was good.

There are often some good specials at Pacfica in the same complex, if you like fish.

9. Re: Will I find good, inexpensive restaurants in Indian Wells?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 09:46