We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - What to do today

Michigan
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
Help - What to do today

My husband and I need to find something outdoorsy to do today. He will be off work at 2:00 and then we can go visiting. We are staying in Hayward and would like to do some walking. I have red about Redwood Regional Park and Mt. Diablo, We have no idea how the traffic is to get to or return from either of those places. I am assuming traffic is okay at 2:00 but nor sure about the return traffic. Help us figure out what to do today from 2:00 to about 6:00 p.m. Any other suggestions that the two places I listed are welcome.

Michigan
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - What to do today

bump - anyone have any suggestions for us for today??

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,321 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - What to do today

Well, if you are still checking your computer-

Redwood Regional Park has some very nice trails and is a little closer than Mt Diablo. Traffic won't be an issue once you get yourself on to 580 to Hwy. 13.

Even closer to Hayward is Lake Chabot Regional Park, also a lovely choice, and if you want to be right on the bay and right IN Hayward, there is a Shoreline park and trail that is right at the foot of the San Mateo Bridge. Lots of interesting shorebirds there. Take the last exit before the toll plaza to get there.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

3. Re: Help - What to do today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 12:50
Get answers to your questions about Hayward
Recent Conversations