We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel between Fresno and sequoia state park tonight 8/22

2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel between Fresno and sequoia state park tonight 8/22

Hello all! My husband and I are traveling to the sequoia state park 8/22 and 8/23. We are looking for a place to stay tonight and are not familiar with the area from Fresno to the park. I know availability is limited but if anyone has any suggestions we would appreciate it! We would like to stay under $150. An hour drive to the park in the morning would be ideal!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Fresno
Fresno
California
So Cal
Level Contributor
10,937 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel between Fresno and sequoia state park tonight 8/22

What do you mean by "sequoia state park"? I'm guessing you mean Sequoia National Park, which you reach from Fresno by first driving through Kings Canyon National Park.

If you're in Fresno already, and you can't or won't get a room in one of the parks, I would just stay in Fresno if you're talking one night. It's not that far.

Perhaps someone else will see this and have a suggestion. Meanwhile, you might get more eyeballs reading if you post in the SeKi forum, rather than Fresno.

Mentioned in this post
Fresno
Fresno
California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel between Fresno and sequoia state park tonight 8/22

Thank you, we are driving through Fresno right now, yes I meant national park, I think we are going to keep driving near the park hoping to find something closer. I will check out that other forum, thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Fresno
Fresno
California
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel between Fresno and sequoia state park tonight 8/22

There is little lodging between Fresno and the entrance gate. You would have more and better choice just staying in Fresno or Clovis. From there to the Grant Grove entrance gate on Highway 180 will be about 1 hour to about 1.5 hours depending upon the location around Fresno/Clovis.

From hotels near the Fresno Airport to the Grant Grove entrance station is roughly 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes driving time. That would be the easiest to reach from Highway 180, take Peach Avenue exit then north about 1/2 mile to the hotels.

Off Highway 180 between Fresno and the park there are some bed & breakfasts and a few small independent motels. I can recommend the Sequoia View B&B or the Blossom Trail B&B both near Sanger but after that you would need to carefully check the small hotels.

You can review the list of hotel reviews for Sanger and Reedley, the two main towns off 180.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33042-Sanger_Califor…

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32959-Reedley_Califo…

Edited: 23 August 2013, 05:14
Mentioned in this post
Fresno
Fresno
California
Clovis
Clovis
California
Grant Grove
Grant Grove
279 Reviews
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, CA
Blossom Trail
Blossom Trail
14 Reviews
Fresno, CA
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
11,025 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel between Fresno and sequoia state park tonight 8/22

Yep, not many places to stay between Fresno and Sequoia or Kings Canyon. And, most accommodations in the park are booked right now.

Three Rivers (which you can get to by side roads) will almost certainly have something (although no promises).

Mentioned in this post
Fresno
Fresno
California
5. Re: Hotel between Fresno and sequoia state park tonight 8/22

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 09:48