We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near airport

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near airport

Looking for a nice, clean and good location close to FAT airport hotel that also has shuttle service.

Looking for a hotel to stay in near FAT airport Fresno that is modern, clean, breakfast included and has shuttle service to airport. Hopefully there is a bar in hotel or next to restaurant/bar. Will be there in Sept. and need to be at airport around 8am. Also wondering if any good restaurants, not fast food type close to or within a few miles. Will be getting ride to hotel but want a nice dinner before heading to hotel. Thank you

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near airport

I see nobody has answered. According to the hotel map in my AAA tour guide the following hotels are very near the airport (and each other):Holiday Inn-Airport, Picadilly Inn Express, Picadilly Inn-Airport and Courtyard by Marriott-Fresno Airport.

I know nothing about these hotels. If you google them you may get a website with information. T

The guide shows their prices to be similar.

Hopefully someone from Fresno will come in with more complete information.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,341 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near airport

Have you checked the TA reviews of the hotels?

I'm on my phone or I'd do it and give some kind of report. I don't know if there is a large or small number of reviews, but that's where I suggest you start.

Will try to do this & report when I'm on an actual computer.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near airport

The hotels near the airport mentioned by Puter are all walking distance to the terminal, I've seen both travelers and crew members doing the walk.

The Holiday Inn Fresno Airport has a bar and restaurant and is a convenient walk to the terminal. Right now I'd probably suggest that one first.

The Marriott Courtyard at the airport recently changed owners and is currently operating as the Fresno Airport Inn while under construction remodeling (I don't know what name it will operate under later).

The Piccadilly Inn Airport also has been recently sold and is going through some changes right now.

Either of those last two might still be OK but rely more on very recent reviews.

As an alternative you might also look at one of these Clovis hotels that are all about 3 or 4 miles from the airport. But contact them direct about their airport shuttles, I have seen shuttles for all 4 of these operating but don't know about their schedules (on-demand or scheduled as well as their shuttle operating hours).

Hilton Garden Inn Clovis

Holiday Inn Express Clovis

Hampton Inn & Suites Clovis-Airport North

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fresno Airport/Clovis, CA

For a dinner stop, where are you getting a ride from? I can then try to recommend some good stops that would not be out of the drivers route.

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near airport

I will check out some hotels from TA and reviews if I don't hear. Thought by now I would have heard and might yet. Really not a big deal and will find one that will be fine. Enjoyed watching Hoosiers last year . Thanks

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near airport

OK, you got your Fresno person. You two were on line at about the same time. Good luck on your choices.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
43 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near airport

The Hilton Garden Inn Clovis does not offer shuttle service. Holiday Inn Express Clovis, Homewood and Hampton Clovis al do though and I believe include breakfast. I've stayed at the HI Express and their shuttle hours are 5am - 11pm.

As far as airport area hotels, there are really no restaurants other than fast food in the immediate areas. Holiday Inn Fresno Airport has their lounge that had a decent menu when I was there a few months ago. They are literally across the street from the arrival terminal and flight attendants and pilots walk across the street to the hotel. Mentioned above there is no longer a Courtyard Marriott. It's a soon to be Best Western.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near airport

Thanks for additional info jkhotels. Interesting about the Hilton Garden though, I really thought I had seen one operating with their logo.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near airport

Have experience with the Holiday Inn in Fresno. It's fine for a night, restaurant and bar on site.

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,631 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels near airport

near the Holiday Inn is Churrasco Grill that is very good. Check out yelp.

10. Re: hotels near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 11:49