We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

the wine country of...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

I've been to the Terra Cotta Inn in Palm Springs for the last several years. It is total first class. I got sick and tired of the old owners of the San Marcus Inn in Desert Hot Springs. We called them to confirm they were open (we live 12 hours away). They told us yes, only to find locked doors when we arrived!! It sounds better since the new owners have taken over.

I'd like to try the Nudespa in Desert Hot Springs if the reviews are good. It's a mix of nudist and lifestyle and looks first class. I hope it is. I'd love your comments!!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,366 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

Have not heard of the one you mentioned. We have been to Living Waters Spa in Desert Hot Springs but I like Terra Cotta better.

Living Waters has natural hot spring water which is very nice but it was a little claustrophobic for me. Teheowners are very nice though and so are the rooms.

the wine country of...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

Now that I'm looking more into it, it appears that the nudespa might be the old san marcus inn. When I pull up sanmarcus inn.com the nudespa appears. Either they have really great photographers, or the facility has gone through a drastic, major renovation. To me, the san marcus inn was a dump!! For instance other motel garbage cans that I guess were stolen in their guest rooms!!

Mercer Island, WA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

Nudespa.com is the same as taboogardens.com which is the same as seamountaininn.com which is the same as who knows what other name is created by them. It is the same old San Marcos Inn. it's a lifestyles, spouse swapping place. They are nothing like Terra Cotta Inn or any other true nudist place in America which are classy.

I have no interest in watching my husband get a disease while porking some bimbos and I certainly do not want some pool boys trying to get into my panties.

If you want a nice place to go nude sunbathing, the Terra Cotta Inn, or Morningside inn, or even Deset Shadows are the best places. Of course The Terra Cotta Inn is the best place bare none in the US and Caribbean.

If you have low self esteem, need I say more.

midwest nomad
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

We have been twice to the Sea Mountain Inn in DHS - it is a wonderful adult nude resort that differs from Desert Shadows or Terra Cotta only in the fact that public displays of affection are permitted. You may find that offensive, or you may find it refreshing and free. But I guarantee that you will not watch your spouse do anything that he or she does not initiate, because the staff and guests are the most considerate, thoughtful and respectful folks you may ever meet. In fact, there are no "pool boys" there at all (no single men ever permitted).

The amenities are first class: large comfortable rooms, mineral pool and hot tub, massages available, salads snacks and wine all day. I agree that DHS is not as manicured as Palm Springs (it probably looks like PS did 50 years ago), but it is also free of the "country club" affectations of PS.

All of us who patronize "nude resorts" should not spread disinformation about any one of them - it is only fuel for the prudes who would try to ban ALL such recreation. If a liberated "hedonism" party is not for you, then don't go to SMI on a Sat or Sun (when the sexy couples drive out from LA for some fun in the sun). Instead, go stay during the week and relax - you may find a wonderful new connection with your partner in the sensual atmosphere of this unique resort.

CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

We've been going to the Terra Cotta Inn as much as possible over the last 10 years. WE LOVE IT! It is truly an Oasis away from your every day life.

For those who haven't tried the "nude thing" I strongly suggest your first time be at the Terra Cotta. You will be welcomed and feel very comfortable. Yes, it seems strange but surprisingly it is not! Where else do you actually talk to others at the hotel your staying?? Maybe even become life long friends?? We've met several ourselves and look forward to every visit to meet more. Try it you'll be hooked. Another benefit is, you will never feel better about your body in your life. Realizing that even the "pretty people" have back fat, cellulite, & pooch belly's! Thank GOD!

P.S. The beds are to die for!!

Southern California
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

Agree with post of Soltailor, we've been to Sea Mountain Inn 4 times since the new owners upgraded the facilities in April, 2006, and every visit has been spectacular. Each time we go, they have added something new, and for a small location, it's a great place to get an all-over tan and re-connect with your wife/partner. Since they don't allow single males to visit or on-staff, you don't have to worry about those "horny gardners or maintenancemen" gwaking or staring at your wife, like some nudist places in the Palm Springs area. There are first-class massuesses at Sea Mountain Inn - my wife got the best massage of her life from Tessa that took away her migranes that she has quite often, plus there is a "tandem massage" where you both can get one side-by-side, which is very romantic. Although the lifestyle crowd that visits on the weekends can get a bit "racy" (visit during the week for a quieter crowd), there is never any pressure to partcipate - at Sea Mountain Inn, NO means NO at all times. If you're not 'offended' by others showing public affection (which is forbidden at most traditional nudist resorts) and enjoy first-class facilities in a nice setting, then Sea Mountain Inn offers a great adult get-away for you and your wife/partner. Many of the frequent guests are professionals (judges, lawyers, law enforcement, business executives,etc.) that enjoy the freedom that you can find at traditional nudist resorts without the stringient "no touching" rules. Sea Mountain offers a "Hedo-like experience" on a smaller scale without the long plane ride and wait in the customs lines at competitive prices.

Southwest
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

My wife and I just spent the weekend there. It was great. If you are looking for just a nude spa and are uncomfortable around adults displaying affection then maybe it's not for you. This was our first time to a spa like this and we fell right into the mood of the place. No pressure at all. Great staff, great guests. clean and safe surroundings. Most romantic weekend for the wife and I in 10 years.

we're going back.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

>>Since they don't allow single males to visit or on-staff, you don't have to worry about those "horny gardners or maintenancemen" gwaking or staring at your wife,<<

That means that my wife won't want to go. Where's the fun for her if I'm the only one gawking at her?

:-)

Seriously, though; for her 40th birthday next February; we would like to get out of the Inversion Layer & in to a place where we can have maximum exposure to the sun.

Am I wrong or are the Sea Mountain's rates a lot higher than the Terra Cotta's or Desert Shadow's?

If so, are the higher rates worth it?

Here's another problem: we aren't exactly in the world's best shape and we don't look too much like the people on the Sea Mountain's website. Would that be a problem? Maybe they want a couple of guys like me there.....the other men look good by comparison.

9. Re: Has anyone been to the nudespa in Desert Hot Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 19:49
Get answers to your questions about Desert Hot Springs