We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best peaceful retreat in desert hot springs?

Los Angeles
8 posts
best peaceful retreat in desert hot springs?

Hi all. I'm looking for a relaxing, peaceful place in desert hot springs for a 2-3 day restorative getaway by myself in February. I do not need it to be overly luxurious, just simple, clean and calming. Nowhere large or with a scene or crowds. I stayed at Nurturing Nest once before and it fit the bill, but I don't know any of the other places so before booking I thought I'd ask around.

Others I should look into?

Thanks!!

3 replies to this topic
Pembroke, Maine
Level Contributor
15 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: best peaceful retreat in desert hot springs?

Swiss Health Resort is exactly the place you are looking for. Quiet, peaceful retreat with 3 pools and lots of outdoor space. Try a room by the waterfall for the peaceful sounds of the water all day. There's a universal chapel on the grounds and lots of birds, fish and turtles to watch.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,995 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: best peaceful retreat in desert hot springs?

Hey, the original poster only posted the question 2 years ago.

So it must still be a hot topic, right?

Almost 5 years ago, my wife & I went to Living Waters. We loved it there.

It was so nice & peaceful. Very relaxing. I wish we could have spent more time there.

The only noise was made by some rude guy who was Power Walking between the sauna and the pool. Oops, that was me.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: best peaceful retreat in desert hot springs?

Hmmm, not sure how current this thread is, but... Two Bunch Palms. Hands down. Beautiful grounds, talking not allowed above a whisper in the mineral waters, amazing spa treatments, comfortable relaxing accomodations - many of them historic. Nowhere better.

Reply to: best peaceful retreat in desert hot springs?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Desert Hot Springs