We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the Air Quality During the Summer?

Newport Beach...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How is the Air Quality During the Summer?

I really enjoyed the mineral hot springs during my visit in April. I was thinking of an extended stay in the summer.

I know it will be hot but that doesn't bother me since I plan on soaking in the pool.

What I am worried about is the air quality. I was told that the winds keep the LA/Riverside smog away. But I have been unable to find unbiased experience or information about that.

Can anyone who lives there or has had an extended stay there during the summer months give me some unbiased feedback?

Mentioned in this post
Riverside
Riverside
California
Los Angeles
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How is the Air Quality During the Summer?

The wind can be very bothersome in the spring as the desert heats up and the pressure equalizes but in the summer, the wind is a delight. The wind will usually pick up from about 5:00 to 7:00 at night and it cools things down a little. During the day, it's gentle, not ferocious and it's nice that the air is moving. At 105, a little breeze is a very good thing. Going into the valley is torturous during the summer, due to the heat and the stagnant air. You'll be glad to be back in DHS where the air is moving and it’s 5 to 10 degrees cooler

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,412 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How is the Air Quality During the Summer?

In August we cannot even be in the pools during the day as they are blistering hot. Morning and in the evening is all we can handle. If you mean June by a summer visit, it is not as bad at that time.

Enjoy your tip to DHS.

3. Re: How is the Air Quality During the Summer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Desert Hot Springs
;