We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How's weather in Dec?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How's weather in Dec?

A friend recommended Miracle Manor and Korakia in Palm Springs. Question: is it warm enough during the day in Dec. to lounge by the pool? The hot mineral pools sound great, but the GF is all about lying out in the sun and reading. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,029 posts
6,063 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How's weather in Dec?

The average temperature is 70 degrees - with the sun out, its wonderful by the pool. If you get a rare rainy day, of course, not, but the days are nice. The nights however can get really chilly (41) so do pack warm clothes for the evening. Grew up in LA and always looked forward to that last few miles before getting into Palm Springs as it is warmer than LA in December. Glorious sun - nice days (but colder nights.)

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,953 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How's weather in Dec?

This is Dec. and this weekend the weather will be around 80 degrees again.

Last weekend when we were there, it got up to 84 degrees. Are you going soon? It's perfect for hanging out around the swimming pool.

Colorado Springs...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How's weather in Dec?

The weather in Desert Hot Springs is wonderful in December. Go to http://www.visitdeserthotsprings.com to check out the hotels that are members of the Desert Hot Springs Hotel Association. Good luck.

Arizona
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How's weather in Dec?

I just returned from Miracle Springs Resort and Spa, near Palm Springs. I was there from December 4, until today, December 18. I recommend the place and will do an indepth report, later. There were a couple of days that were unusually cold and wet. However,the weather was great, most of the time. People did sunbathe, part of the time. The hot mineral waters were very therapeutic and, even when there was snow on the mountains, getting in and out of the water wasn't too bad. Because of the current unusual national cold weather, it'd be a good idea to check all weather reports, then call the hotel and ask whether shorts and Tee shirts are being worn. I needed a warm sweater when I left the hotel. Walking in the rain required more cover-up. Jeans and pullovers with shorts and tops should do it. Take a jacket or windbreaker, depending, as always, on the current weather and length of stay.

5. Re: How's weather in Dec?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 07:46
Get answers to your questions about Desert Hot Springs