We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in Lake Gregory

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
Swimming in Lake Gregory
Save

My husband and I are planning on coming to Ca in August. What is the swimming like? Are there nice beaches? is it very crowded? We like quiet, scenic and not a lot of activity. We are also considering lake Arrowood. Thanks for any suggestions.

4 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Swimming in Lake Gregory
Save

We found Crestline to be very run down and not very nice. Lake Gregory didn't look very clean. I'd recommend Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear Lake.

Costa Mesa...
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
117 reviews
44 helpful votes
2. Re: Swimming in Lake Gregory
Save

We swam in Lake Gregory a lot when I was younger. I don’t know what current status is, but I’ve had nice walks around it in the last couple years.

If you want to swim in Lake Arrowhead, make sure it’s allowed. I don’t know for sure, but I think you have to have lake rights. But that might be only for boating. Not sure

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Swimming in Lake Gregory
Save

Thanks. We decided to stay at an airbnb near Arrowhead that has passes to the beach club.

1 post
4. Re: Swimming in Lake Gregory
Save

This year the lake is a bit green, but they test it regularly and it is considered clean - they say its pollen. Water is warm and refreshing. Beaches not crowded at all. There's only one designated swim spot and you pay to get in. I never swim there, though. I swim where I want and risk having a lifeguard drive up on a boat and tell me I'm not supposed to swim there...

Reply to: Swimming in Lake Gregory
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crestline