We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickle Pink Inn

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Tickle Pink Inn

We are thinking about booking a room or suite at the TPI in May. I am wondering if there are actually two buildings and if I should be trying to book a room in a certain part of the inn. View and balcony are more important than fireplace and jacuzzi. Thanks for any input!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,720 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

I think you should ask for an Ocean view suite or room. There are some that have views of the cove and partial ocean. They all have views but if you specifically want Ocean view ask for that. We stayed in a suite and there was a balcony. I think they all have a balcony. You can check the room description on their site

ticklepinkinn.com/big-sur-lodging/index.cfm

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
2. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

I'm not familiar with the specific layout, just the location. I believe all of the rooms face the ocean, but I'm not certain. I suggest you contact the inn directly with your question, since they can answer it better than anyone. They're intimately familiar with every room and can set you up with something that's perfect for your needs and budget. ticklepinkinn.com/big-sur-lodging/index.cfm

The best you can get here are suggestions and opinions.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 29 March 2012, 08:31
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,720 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

Mr Toy writes:

>>>The best you can get here are suggestions and opinions.

Huh ? Is that not the idea of the reviews on TA as well as on this forum? You have your own website ? Is that not what it is ? Suggestions and opinions ?

I agree that the OP can get info from the Inn but the whole premise of this forum is to offer suggestions that may help the OP.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
4. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

There's nothing wrong with suggestions and opinions, but in cases like this where inside information is needed it is best to consult with the inn's proprietors. They are in the best position to provide the most accurate information, and find the best room to satisfy their guest's preferences.

-Mr. Toy

Level Contributor
39,060 posts
1,014 reviews
5. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

There are some rooms that do not have balconies. All of the rooms at Tickle Pink Inn have gorgeous views! I would read all of the reviews here and call the Inn for their input, then make your decision on what room type you want. The Tickle Pink Inn is a lovely property with very personable service and many nice amenities. It is an excellent choice for lodging in the Carmel Highland's area. :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,720 posts
149 reviews
6. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

The views are amazing but the service is good and I would not put them in the top percentile of service we have seen in similar size hotels in that area I found the service at auberge and Bernadus lodge to be far superior. The second is personal room taste and we prefer the rooms at the highlands Inn to these from a decorative element perspective Having said this I still think it is a great place to stay in

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

Thanks to everyone for their responses - have not yet decided on where to stay as my husband is leaning toward staying closer to town. Any places there with balconies and views?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

Most Carmel by the Sea lodgings are situated within town and not along the waterfront. And they tend to be small inns/hotels, so you won't find much in the way of balconies "in town". You end up sacrificing one to have the other. You just have to choose which is most important to you. Being in town or a room with balcony/view.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
9. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

Mission Ranch just outside the southern Carmel city limit has some nice views of Carmel River Beach and Point Lobos with a sheep pasture in the foreground. It's a lot closer to town, but still not "in" town.

There are some hotels on Cannery Row in Monterey and a few B&Bs in Pacific Grove that have waterfront views, but not Carmel. (And I might add, once you see Carmel beach, you'll be glad it isn't cluttered with hotels!)

-Mr. Toy

10. Re: Tickle Pink Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 14:52