We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

Maine
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

My adult son and I are doing a mother/son road trip and need a one night lodging in October (Saturday the 17th). I think I've read every single Tripadvisor post on area lodging, and have concluded that the only choices are either way more than I want to spend ($200.) or are dismal/unsafe/filthy/poorly managed/or smell bad. Can this be true? Help!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,793 posts
6,431 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

Best Western Beach Resort is in your price range - good location; nice location on the beach....easy driving distance to the other Carmel and Montery locations.

http://www.montereybeachhotel.com/

Or check out Horizon Inn in Carmel

http://www.horizoninncarmel.com/

or Carmel River Inn

http://www.carmelriverinn.com/

Problem you might run into is that some places need 2 nights stay as a week-end. The closer you get to the date (if its not sold yet) you can call the hotel and see if they are willing to book for just a Saturday night. Hotel occupancy is down this year due to the California/US economy so often they are willing to forego this if occupancy for a particular weekend is low.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

We have booked one night in Monterey at Cypress Garedens Inn www.cypressgardensinn.com on Saturday the 24th October, not sure what the Forum thinks of the place but the details on the website seemed good and the price was very reasonable.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
3. Re: Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

I don't know what you read that would give you that impression. There are plenty of decent motels in the area that you could get into for well under $200 during the off season.

Just as an example, I checked the Best Western De Anza Inn for that date and found a rate of $120 for two beds for two people and 10% off of that for AAA and AARP members. De Anza is a very nice motel with indoor corridors. I mention it because it is near my house, I have seen the rooms, they are very pleasant, and my family has stayed there on a few occasions and been very happy.

That's just one example. I think I can say with confidence that you'll find many others. Maybe this will help: www.montereypeninsula.info/guide/pltostay.htm

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

The brand-new Hotel Abrego has rooms for under $200. Also look at the Best Western Victorian Inn (they charge for parking, but it's just $12 a night)

Level Contributor
39,038 posts
1,014 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

The Monterey Beach Resort is a really great place,it's wonderful being right on the beach. The swimming pool there is great and they also have a jacuzzi here and an on-site, oceanview restaurant. It is about a 5 minute drive to downtown Monterey from this property. :)

6. Re: Where to stay for one night in Carmel/Monterey area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2010, 10:51
Get answers to your questions about Carmel