We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

8 posts
Save Topic
Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

Hi all,

I will be getting married in Carmel on June 22,2019. I am starting to research hotels and it seems I am either too early or everything is booked.. I’m really hoping I’m just too early! After a little more research I see that the us open is the week prior. Did we make a huge mistake when choosing our date? How difficult will it be to find accommodations? Advice appreciated

7 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

Is your reception at a hotel? Can they block off some rooms for you? We've attended two destination weddings there. One was at the Mission. My parents rented a 4 bedroom home for our family to stay in. The other one was at the Golf course and one of the hotel suggestions was the La Playa by the Sea.

Sometimes rates aren't released more than 6 months ahead of time. Did you ask someone or just liked on line?

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,999 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

You're probably too early in looking to book. Hotels will fill up early for special events, but, otherwise, most lodgings won't open reservations up until 6 to 8 months out.

If there are specific hotels you're interested in booking for your special day, I would contact them directly and ask for a manager to see about securing a block of rooms for your dates. It don't hurt to ask.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,576 posts
6,407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

Too early

We went to a very nice wedding on the beach and then went to the reception at Asilomar.

https:/…

Congratulations and hope you find the perfect location.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

The US Open is the 13th-16th, so a lot depends on your arrival date, not just the date of your wedding. But the bulk of the crowds should be gone after the 17th.

To better help you we need some more info. What sort of accommodations do you require and for how many people?

For security I suggest you not tell us the exact location of the ceremony, but is it safe to assume it will be somewhere in Carmel? If so, do you need rooms in Carmel, or is neighboring Monterey or Pacific Grove OK? If you need to accommodate lots of guests, Monterey has the largest hotels. If just a few, Carmel has several good options.

Also, are you looking for high-end lodgings or something more affordable?

Armed with this information we can make specific recommendations. Then I suggest you contact the properties directly and talk to a real person about your needs. The internet has limitations when it comes to complex arrangements like a wedding. I used to work in a Monterey hotel that handled hundreds of weddings every year, so I have a pretty good idea of what is involved.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

Hello

Thank you for the reply. We will be arriving on the 21st and will only need a room for 2 nights (night before and night of the wedding). As far family.. our guest list is about 85 people but some will not stay over night. I imagine some will chose to drive home as it is not too far (3-4 hours). As for the others, rooms will be needed but will also be shared amount family/friend groups.

We don’t need anything super fancy. Just safe and in the area of Carmel or Monterey.

Our venue is not at a hotel.

I am really hoping I’m just too early to book and rooms will be available that aren’t outrageously overpriced :/

Edited: 15 August 2018, 02:11
Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

OK, that's a little clearer, but I'm not clear on the guest accommodations. Are they to make their own arrangements, or are you trying to find a place for everyone?

If you're just looking for yourselves and your immediate family Carmel has a number of romantic inns well suited to your needs. A few that come to mind are the Normandy Inn, Lamp Lighter Inn, Lobos Lodge, Green Lantern Inn, and Colonial Terrace. Most of these are close to shops and restaurants except for Colonial Terrace which is in a residential area near the SW corner of town.

If your guests just need clean and comfortable rooms there are a number of nice, affordable motels on Munras Avenue in Monterey. Munras is just five minutes over the hill from Carmel.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Edited: 15 August 2018, 06:19
Level Contributor
38,797 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?

The Normandy Inn and The Colonial Terrace Inn are two that are reasonably priced and walking distance to the beach. The Normandy is right in the heart of Carmel. :)

Reply to: Getting married in June 2019 - hotels?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted