We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothes for adventure combo Hacienda Guachipelin

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
888 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
clothes for adventure combo Hacienda Guachipelin

Hi. I would prefer not to lug a backpack around on the adventure combo at the Hacienda Guachipelin, meaning swimsuit and tevas or river shoes would work for me. But when I look at all of those activites (horseback riding, etc) I wonder if people change clothes at some point? Also, is there a shower towards the end, or do people take their transportation elsewhere a little grubby?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothes for adventure combo Hacienda Guachipelin

You'll have a chance to change clothes when you change activities. You'll ride to the river and there's a change room there. Your stuff that you don't need can go in the bus that brought the tubes down, or with your tour guide that brought you. Everyone goes home a bit grubby :)

What to bring: A change of clothes; shoes that can get wet and won't fall off your feet (Teva style or water shoes); bathing suit; if you wear shorts, the longer the better; a towel; insect repellent; sunscreen; a camera and a plastic bag for your wet things. Money for tips for guides and driver, & additional beverages. There is an opportunity to buy a CD of your adventure afterwards too.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clothes for adventure combo Hacienda Guachipelin

Thanks for the info. How much hiking is there? Also, is it buggy even during the day?

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
750 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothes for adventure combo Hacienda Guachipelin

Not a whole lot. The most walking is getting to the 1st zip line. Nothing too strenuous. The bugs are not around much during the day but better to have repellent and not need it than the other way around.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
888 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clothes for adventure combo Hacienda Guachipelin

Hi. We enjoyed out Adventure Combo a lot. We used the lockers by the Adventure Center. They did have towels available by the river after the tubing. We added a trip to Oropendul Waterfall after the tubing. It was really beautiful. Thanks for the input.

5. Re: clothes for adventure combo Hacienda Guachipelin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:46
Get answers to your questions about Rincon de La Vieja