We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
182 posts
101 reviews
Anniversary Dinner

Hello! Was looking for recommendations for an anniversary dinner in a couple of weeks, something romantic with lovely food. I just came across the outdoor seating areas of Cambria Pines Lodge (where we are not staying) and thought it looks delightful. My original idea was Madeline's. We are planning dinner at Robin's another night. Is there anything I'm missing in the special occasion department in Cambria? Thank you!!

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
182 posts
101 reviews
11. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Thanks Mini... love it. "You can get an OK dinner and you will get food." I totally hear that. Thanks for the reco on Justins.

Level Contributor
39,791 posts
1,020 reviews
12. Re: Anniversary Dinner

I have not dined at Madeline's or Cambria Pines Lodge but Robin's is excellent. I would keep that one for sure. :).

Edited: 05 November 2014, 23:30
santa cruz
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
49 reviews
13. Re: Anniversary Dinner

We've eaten at the Cambria Pines Lodge many times on their Escape Special that includes dinner. The food is good, not gourmet by any means, but good basic steak and potatoes type food. The outdoor dinning nooks are very nice and romantic, but...you have to ask them to turn down the lighting a little which they will do. Also each nook has 2 tables and one fireplace so you could have someone right near you and it wouldn't be as private. We eat late and we've always had it to ourselves but you may not so just a heads up for that.

Madeline's looks wonderful to me, menu and decor, but we've never eaten there. We just had a wonderful meal at Indigo Moon. We were there for lunch but the outdoor heated patio would be very nice for dinner.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
182 posts
101 reviews
14. Re: Anniversary Dinner

Thank you so much scincalifornia, I missed your post before. I ended up making a rezzie at Madeline's today for the actual anniversary date. We have a dinner at Robin's a couple of days prior. The other two days in Cambria will depend on whether I can convince my hubby to cook in the house we've rented. I have plenty of options in my back pocket if need be. Thanks for all of your help!

15. Re: Anniversary Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Cambria