We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel

kent england
Level Contributor
522 posts
8 reviews
which hotel

hi,

i am looking at the cambria pines lodge, and the castle inn, for 1 night , for a room for 4,.

i would appreciate any views on which one to go for .

we will be coming from Monterey , so don't expect to be early, and it is just 1 night.

they are similar price,

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,187 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: which hotel

Hi,

You'll have to decide if you want to be across the street from the ocean or in a pinetree/wooded area . I think that is the main difference. Both hotels are in pretty scenic spots but different types of scenery. Which would you prefer??

Level Contributor
39,316 posts
1,019 reviews
2. Re: which hotel

CPL is more of a resort. They have beautiful gardens, a full bar/lounge and restaurant and an outdoor pool and jacuzzi on-site. Castle Inn is a basic motel but is right across from the ocean and they also have an outdoor pool. Enjoy Cambria! :).

kent england
Level Contributor
522 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: which hotel

Many thanks,

Reviews for both are good but.

I think we will go with the castle inn,

Check out is 11am, so we can have breakfast and then walk along the beach until it's time to leave.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,187 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: which hotel

Just so you are clear, "check out at 11AM" means that you need to be out of your room by 11AM. It does not mean that you need to wait until 11AM to check out and leave. You may leave at any time you wish.

Level Contributor
39,316 posts
1,019 reviews
5. Re: which hotel

If you don't want to eat at the hotel, Moonstone Bar & Grill is very good for breakfast and they have an outdoor patio with oceanviews. :).

6. Re: which hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Cambria