We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manicure in Cambria

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
64 reviews
Manicure in Cambria

Hello - is there anywhere I can get a manicure in Cambria. I am staying at the Fogcatcher in a couple of weeks, and somewhere within walking distance would be ideal (I am British, so I don't mind walking far to get somewhere :) )

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,618 posts
435 reviews
1. Re: Manicure in Cambria

Probably nothing in walking distance from Moonstone Beach.

I think Yelp.com will be your best resource for a nail salon.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Manicure in Cambria

While looking for spas I saw Diva Day Spa in San Simeon and they do nails, but you'd have to drive. I also saw a Yelp review for Nails by Tess in Cambria, but again you'd probably want to drive.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,114 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Manicure in Cambria

Moonstone Beach Drive is isolated from the main part of town. As everyone else has mentioned.... you would have to drive to find a place that does nails.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,173 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: Manicure in Cambria

Google maps is a good source for seeing distances.

This shows your motel and Nails by Tess in Cambria. The distance is a little over 2 miles:

http://goo.gl/maps/irovI

This other map shows your hotel and the Diva Day Spa which is farther away at a little over 3 miles:

http://goo.gl/maps/pKiiX

I have no experience with either place but thought that seeing them on a map would help you understand the situation.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Big Sur
Level Contributor
3,922 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Manicure in Cambria

As everyone else said, there's nothing within walking distance. I used to live in Boston and a mile or two was considered walking distance. Out here, people get in their cars to cross the street.

The walk from the Fogcatcher to these businesses would involve a stroll along the shoulder of Highway 1, which is not exactly safe or pedestrian-friendly.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
45 posts
147 reviews
6. Re: Manicure in Cambria

Yelp also lists a salon called Pacific Hair that offers mani/pedis. It definitely is closer to Moonstone Drive than the other two locations already named. I haven't been there but address is 780 Arlington Street (Phone 805-927-3301) which is the street directly above Main Street. As you read, we Americans drive everywhere. Definitely do-able at 1.1 miles because location is close by the West Village section of Cambria's "downtown" area. Once again problem is that Moonstone Drive does not have a paved sidewalk. There is a bus/shuttle that used to run into town. There are stops along Moonstone and Main Street. I did see a small bus going down Moonstone and it did drop someone off by a hotel. I'll see what I can find out. Sorry, I didn't see your post earlier, I was just in Cambria for the past few days and could have driven by there. Yelp has a current review so must still be at that location.

7. Re: Manicure in Cambria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Cambria