We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireside vs. Pelican Inn?

nj
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fireside vs. Pelican Inn?

Ok, so I know this same question has been asked before, so I apologize in advance. I like the idea of the evening wine reception at the Pelican Inn, and the breakfast looks better, but the pool looks nicer at the Fireside. We'll be traveling with our 8 year old daughter early August.

Does one have a better location at Moonstone Beach than the other? We probably won't book an ocean view room, just to save $$. We'll only be there one night traveling from Carmel to Santa Barbara. Plan to take our time w/ the drive along the coast and then see Hearst Castle first thing in the morning.

Any (more) thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

Mentioned in this post
Pelican Inn & Suites
Pelican Inn & Suites
1,382 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Moonstone Beach
Moonstone Beach
1,475 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Carmel
Carmel
Monterey County, CA
Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara
California
Hearst Castle
Hearst Castle
5,947 Reviews
San Simeon, CA
Blue Dolphin Inn
Blue Dolphin Inn
#1 of 12 hotels in Cambria
Sea Otter Inn
Sea Otter Inn
#2 of 12 hotels in Cambria
Sand Pebbles Inn
Sand Pebbles Inn
#3 of 12 hotels in Cambria
Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
21,604 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireside vs. Pelican Inn?

You can't really go wrong with ANY of the hotels/inns on Moonstone Beach Drive, so choose based on your preferences. Both would be good choices.

Mentioned in this post
Moonstone Beach
Moonstone Beach
1,475 Reviews
Cambria, CA
Level Contributor
38,000 posts
1,001 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireside vs. Pelican Inn?

The pool is really nice at Fireside and they have a jacuzzi also. I really enjoyed the pool because it was perfectly heated, some places advertise pools but they are really cold. Enjoy Cambria! :).

Mentioned in this post
Cambria
Cambria
San Luis Obispo County, CA
3. Re: Fireside vs. Pelican Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 11:46