We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ultimate Road Trip-California,Vegas,Arizona,Utah,Denver.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Ultimate Road Trip-California,Vegas,Arizona,Utah,Denver.

I am planning on a long road trip this summer, Plan on hitting multiple National parks in 3 diffrent states. after doing a lot of research here is the Itinerary I have come up with. We have a total of 2 weeks to spend- Aug 16-Aug 31

Fly into LA-Stay 2 days in LA Area. (Aug 16- Aug 19)

Drive To SF Via Highway 1 stopping overnight in Cambria on coast. then to SF next Day.-(Aug 19,20)

Spend Day in SF( Aug 21st)

Leave SF and Drive to Yosemite in Morning Via Highway 120 or 140.(Aug,22)

Spend Day in Yosemite-(Aug 23)

Drive from Yosemite to VEGAS Via Tioga pass Route- Stop overnight in Lone pine-(Aug.24)

Drive to Vegas with minor stop in Death Vally-Arrive Vegas early evening -(Aug 25)

Spend Day in Vegas-(Aug 26th)

Drive to From Vegas to Grand Canyon with stops at Hoover Dam and Kingman on way-(how long will this take ?) -Would like to arrive at Grand Canyon before Sunset)- (Aug 27th)

Spend night at Grand Canyon.)

Drive from Grand Canyon to Arches National Park in Utah-Spend night in Utah -(Aug 28th)

Drive from Utah to Denver Via highway 70.-Hope to arrive Denver late Afternoon.(Aug 29th)

Spend Day in Denver-Aug 30th)

Fly home from Denver- Aug 31st)

I know this sounds like a lot of driving and it is ,but the way I have it figured we should not be on the road for more than 5 hours at at time.

My question is do you think this is too much to cram in one trip ?? Really think it is possible and this will be the last time I will be out west for many years so want to try and see as much as possible. Would like to hear from anyone who had attempted similiar trip with any advice.

Thanks- Chris M

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
8,455 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Ultimate Road Trip-California,Vegas,Arizona,Utah,Denver.

Since this is the "ultimate road trip", you should post your question in the road trips forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,320 posts
6,456 reviews
2. Re: Ultimate Road Trip-California,Vegas,Arizona,Utah,Denver.

Yes, do post in the road trip forum

You might want to do a little less - have you considered seeing Zion/Bryce and flying home from Las Vegas instead? The Arches - Denver piece (which I have done recently) is where I think you are trying to do too much...)

but do post in the road trip forum as well.

3. Re: Ultimate Road Trip-California,Vegas,Arizona,Utah,Denver.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Cambria