We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

We will be stayng at the Fireside Inn just one night. We will be arriving late morning, early afternoon before going to see Hearst Castle. I'm thinking we will be at Hearst Castle to see the movie at 3:00 before the tour.

I imagine we will grab some lunch beforehand...I've read the Moonstone Bar and Grill is a good place.

In the early evening, my 20 and 17 year old will not want to hang in the hotel. I was wondering how far the town of Cambria is. I imagine we would find a place to eat and walk around if it's interesting. Is it walkable or do we need to drive there?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,855 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

It's about 3 miles to Cambria (Google maps is very helpful to find distances). Our experiences have been that the town closes down pretty early, except for restaurants.

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

Thanks. Just trying to figure out some things to do from about 6:00 on. Maybe just go walk around there and find someplace to eat.

Level Contributor
39,069 posts
1,014 reviews
3. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

Moonstone Bar & Grill is very good for lunch and The Fireside Inn is right across the street from Moonstone Beach. You will need to drive into town where the shops and restaurants are. :).

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

There are no sidewalks on Moonstone Beach Drive, little in the way, if any, street lights AND you would have to cross a sometimes VERY busy Highway 1 to reach the town. I estimate Fireside Inn to be approx. 1 1/2 miles from where the West Village begins.

Dining options in Cambria:

Main Street Grill (Burgers/salads, etc.)

Old Stone Station (Steaks, chicken)

Robin's (International fare all prepared with fresh ingredients)

Sow's Ear (Steaks, etc)

Carmel, Indiana
Level Contributor
471 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

Thanks...Looks like we will be driving!

UK
Level Contributor
284 posts
6. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

Hi,

we will be staying at Moonstone Landing in March, is this walkable to town as we would like a stroll for food and drinks in early evening?

Thanks

Simon

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

Simon

See response #4. Same answer for you.

There are 2 restaurants on Moonstone Beach Drive where the bulk of Cambria lodging is located (These are your only walkable dining options. Again... NO sidewalks/street lamps):

Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill

Sea Chest (Bring cash. They don't accept plastic)

Level Contributor
39,069 posts
1,014 reviews
8. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

Sea Chest does not take reservations either. We love Sow's Ear, Black Cat Bistro is also really good. :)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,661 posts
64 reviews
9. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

We were there a couple of weeks ago, I stayed at the Sea Otter Inn, we walked to town for dinner at Madeline’s, great meal. The walk to and from at night was fine, maybe bring a small flashlight? We too ate at the Sea Chest. Really fun. I liked lining up chatting with the other people!

We stopped in at Moonstone Beach Bar, had a drink and left. It had an odd vibe that we did not care for.

Edited: 21 February 2014, 00:44
Wilmington, Vermont
Level Contributor
118 posts
192 reviews
10. Re: How far is the town of Cambria from Moonstone Beach?

To the west side of town from the.beach approximates a mile walk using the boardwalks that run along the beach.