We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation rentals

Mount Wolf...
Level Contributor
6 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
vacation rentals

We are a family of 4 from Pa planning a vacation to Cambria in July. We can't make up our minds what area in the small town...we liked VRBO vacation rentals 51555 or 117965. Does anyone know about these locations? Both have great raving reviews but the one looks unique but pictures are not the best.

I'm sending an email to the owner to see if they have more pictures.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated......

Thanks,

Scott

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,578 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation rentals

Hi Scott

Option #51555 is east of Highway 1, sits on a wooded hillside above town with distant sea views, while option #117965 is in the "beach" tract area west of Highway 1. If you want to be able to walk down to the beach/ocean, then #117965 would work better for you, although it really isn't that long of a drive from town to the shoreline.

My opinion? I like the spaciousness and light/airy feeling of #117965 compared to #51555, although I did like the tree house feel of the place.

HTH

So. Cal
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation rentals

I hope the owners have responded to you and told you what neighborhoods they are because I surely can't tell! #117965 'might' be Marine Terrace.

I would look at staying in Park Hill, Moonstone Beach or Marine Terrace. My main reason is because I like looking at trees more than being IN trees. Too much shade for me!

Park Hill is a lovely neighborhood, with a park, you can walk to beautiful Fiscalini Ranch or town( we usually drive) and it's very quiet with a local feel. It's a bit hilly in some areas, but nothing like Happy Hill, Pine Knolls etc. unless you are further from the ocean. And while there are trees you aren't smothered in them.

Moonstone Beach has less trees(more sun) and is located where most of the hotels are and has restaurants within walking distance. We liked staying there but prefer the home in Park Hill and really enjoy being within walking distance to Fiscalini Ranch.

Marine Terrace is south of Fiscalini Ranch and more removed from the village and everything else. We found it very appealing and it seemed like most houses were vacant, but this was during off season. IF we can find the right house we'd definitely like to stay there on our next visit.

We use Cambria Vacation Rentals. We like their service and the quality of homes. Even if you don't use their service I would visit their site and look at the maps of the neighborhoods.

Have a great trip! It's pretty country up there!

3. Re: vacation rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:47