We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Pollensa /Cala Bona

Cornwall
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Pollensa /Cala Bona

Hi, as you will know I holiday in Cala Bona..love it..whilst there this year was told I would love Puerto Pollensa,... then it was mentioned ,..as I like to take a " two" week holiday,as opposed to one..Puerto Pollensa would be too small...hope you can enlighten me on this! .......also as we are seniors... we love a good hotel good location.,but a fairly quiet one...any suggestions..Thanks Katherine

Chester, England
Level Contributor
242 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Pollensa /Cala Bona

Hi cornishchic.

We stayed in PP for the first time in May this year, at the Hostal Bahia,a small hotel in a great location on Pine Walk.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1028722-d55643…

Low key resort, suitable for families with young children or mature couples.

Nice beach area with some lovely restaurants

http://www.stayrestaurant.com/

A few nice quiet hotels in a great location on pine walk near to the port & town.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1028722-d49665…

or

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1028722-d56747…

Thel illa d'or is probably the best in a lovely loction, though a good 20min walk from the centre of things

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1028722-d27286…

Pollensa town, a few Km's inland, or Alcudia, Cala San vincente and Formentor peninsula close by.

Hope this helps

Regards

Carl.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Pollensa /Cala Bona

Hi Carl, very many thanks for all your tips re- Puerto Pollensa..sounds great.,will check them all out.....regards Katherine

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Pollensa /Cala Bona

Even though PP is not a massive resort it is perfect for 'seniors' - we just joined the massed ranks! And we are off to PP for a week in October can't wait ! There are plenty of lovely places to visit round about - especially if you hire a car even for a few days, although there is a regular bus service to different places round about. Here are a few suggestions

Pollensa (old town) with the Calvary steps - the market on Sunday is lovely to walk round; Alcudia and Port Alcudia; Campanet Caves, the monastery at Lluc; a boat trip to Formentor or just round the bay; Cala San Vicente; the Mirador just outside PP - the list is very long!

As for a hotel in a very pleasant location - our friends swear by the Hotel Singala - you book through Globespan I think. It doesn't do evening meals but that really doesn't matter, as there is a good choice of eating places, and the evening walk along the Pine Walk is a delight not a chore. I can't recommend hotels, as we have always stayed in villas or apartments, but we did go and look round the Singala and it looked very nice. Plenty of other stuff about PP on the websites forums. And if you get good weather the time will just whizz by!!

4. Re: Puerto Pollensa /Cala Bona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 20:49
Get answers to your questions about Pollenca