We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is Which?

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Which is Which?

We have booked to go to Plakias for next July for one week. My booking is with the Alianthos garden hotel but when reading the reviews I discovered that there is more than one hotel with that name. First of all the one I have booked with is ranked no.1 then there is the Alianthos beach hotel which is ranked no.8 and finally there is the Alianthos hotel which is ranked no.21.all with there own list of reviews which people have submitted.Could anybody throw some light on this for me I would be most grateful.

A.J.

1. Re: Which is Which?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2015, 18:22
Worthing, West...
Level Contributor
23 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is Which?

The Alianthos Beach, The Alianthos Gardens and the Alianthos Hotels mentioned in Trip Advisor are all basically the same hotel., the latter being misnamed by the foreign tour operator. I must assume you are travelling with Olympic as you are UK based, and only Olympic go to Plakias. The Alianthos Beach hotel is the original hotel, older, built in about 1978, whilst the Alianthos Garden hotel is much newer, and has a pool, which is used by guests at both hotels, as they are really the same hotel!

Try this website for proper info on Plakias: http://forums.plakias.co.uk/

If you like a friendly, quiet and Greek resort, you will, like many of us, fall in love with Plakias, and return year after year.

Edited: 26 September 2015, 00:10
Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is Which?

Hi JBMouse 101,

Thank you very much for your information about Alianthos,asI mentioned in my question about the Alianthos we are booked into the Alianthos garden and this one gets the better rating than the beach hotel, we are so looking forward to staying in Pakias we have been once before with Kosmar and we always intended to come back.this time we have booked to stay in Chania for our first week to do some sightseeing then coming to Plakias 2nd week for a beach holiday, we have just booked flight only and accommodation so that we will use local transport to get around as much as we can.

Thanks again

A.J,

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is Which?

Hello

I am also looking at these hotels with a view to booking for next September. I get the impression they are next door to each other. The Gardens Hotel being slighty more expensive so I think we will book the Beach hotel, the reviews are pretty positive.

Its the flights that are putting me off booking at the moment!!

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is Which?

Hello Elias,

We have booked and its been confirmed that we are in the Alianthos garden part of this complex so we are happy with this as it gets a better rating. we are going in July and booked flights only to Chania with Ryanair from Leeds Bradford airport you can also go from Manchester or leave it till the last minute when sometimes they come down in price I think thats depending on what time of year you go.

A.J.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is Which?

Hi AJ, we have decided we are definitely going next September but we are going to wait for the EasyJet flights to come out and then compare times and overall prices.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is Which?

Well we didn't wait and have booked with Olympic, nightmare flights and transfers but I am sure we will have a great time, having a break from Skiathos, so it has a lot to match up to.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is Which?

Well we didn't wait and have booked with Olympic, nightmare flights and transfers but I am sure we will have a great time, having a break from Skiathos, so it has a lot to match up to.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is Which?

Sorry about repeating my last post.

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which is Which?

Hi Elias,

Just read your last comment and I hope you have a wonderful holiday,

Are you booked into Alanthios as part of a package including your flights? I will be there and I'll post a review when I return.

A.J.

Get answers to your questions about Plakias