We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Germania

shoreham-by-sea
Level Contributor
201 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Germania

Hi,

We are flying Germania from Gatwick to Heraklion. Does anyone know if there are any meals on board that are included or do you have to buy it all? What are the prices like for food and drinks onboard?

Thanks,

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Germania

We flew with Germania to Crete in June. It was part of an Olympic package. What an excellent flight! No delays, very smooth, plane half empty. Complementary hot meal and soft drinks included - most unexpected on a short flight! Not sure if this was available to all, or just those who had booked through Olympic Holidays though.

shoreham-by-sea
Level Contributor
201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Germania

Cool. We did book through Olympic holidays so hope we get the same!

Thanks for your reply.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Germania

Sorry to disappoint, but we've flown Germania from Manchester several times as part of an Olympic package, including to Heraklion. We've never had complimentary food or drink. There were paninis, snacks and drinks to buy but not sure of food prices. A cup of tea was £2.50 I think. I'd check with Olympic if I were you given the previous answer.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,223 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Germania

I think it depends who contracts the flight. I believe Sunvil charter some Germania flights from Gatwick, and they get free food and soft drinks. But the Manchester flights are contracted by Olympic and don't get anything (other than a reliable and comfortable flight...). Whether Olympic also charter flights from Gatwick is another question. If they share with Sunvil you may well get lucky, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Germania

Well I definitely flew with Germania from Gatwick as part of an Olympic package this June (2015) and I can confirm we got a complimentary hot meal and soft drinks both ways. Most unexpected, like I said. There was a charge for alcoholic beverages.

shoreham-by-sea
Level Contributor
201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Germania

Thanks all. I will give Olympic a call to check if I get chance.

7. Re: Germania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2016, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Plakias