We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plakias itinerary help

Lodz, Poland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Plakias itinerary help

Hello,

I will be spending 5 days in Plakias. I have already preliminary draft for that time but would love to read your suggestions for that time as I feel it could be more filled. I would be especially grateful for some suggestions for walking paths in this area - similar to path from Chora Sfakion to Loutro. We will have rental car. Imbros gorge and Loutro already visited.

18th May: Agiofarago beach, Matala, coming to Plakias

19th May: Preveli Beach, monastere

20th May: Frangokastello

21th May ?

22nd May: return towards Chania airport, but can spend 6h somewhere on way from Plakias to Chania

Please guide me what could be added to this plan and thanks a lot for you help.

Mentioned in this post
Matala
Matala
Crete, Greece
Preveli Beach
Preveli Beach
1,186 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
824 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Plakias itinerary help

Not quite like the Chora Sfakion - Loutro walk but still a recommendable walk:

https://goo.gl/Z1yFDQ

Lodz, Poland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plakias itinerary help

Thank you, was looking for something like this :D

sligo
Level Contributor
676 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Plakias itinerary help

These are two possible stops you could make on your return journey if you like your history.

You could visit ancient Lappa on your way back north, it is located in, and around, the modern village of Argyroupolis. A couple of links that can inform you are.

goo.gl/1dfS7j

and

www.crete.gr/en/pages/archaia-lappa.php

The second possibility is Aptera which is conveniently located just of the main north road.

chania-crete-greece.com/aptera-chania-crete.…

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,881 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plakias itinerary help

When I've stayed in Plakias I really enjoyed walking to the nearby villages of Myrthios and Sellia - the views down to the coast are stunning. I bought a copy of the Lance Chilton book 'Walks in Plakias, Southern Crete' about 10 years. I understand that Lance passed away a few years ago now but there are some excellent walks in his book.

5. Re: Plakias itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2018, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Plakias
Recent Conversations