We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Guides in Hampi

Nuremberg, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
Local Guides in Hampi

Who is the guide you recommend most in Hampi?

Mentioned in this post
Hampi
Hampi
Bellary District, India
115 replies to this topic
Nuremberg, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

I visited Hampi recently and was pleasantly surprised by the local guide culture. There was one man whose name is Pampa who was born and raised in Hampi and is a local guide now..I highly recommend you call him on 0091 (0)9449 171754 to get to know Hampi off the beaten track, he will make sure to take you to the must-see touristic places BUT ALSO hidden corners no tourist ever ventures to!

You will not be disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Hampi
Hampi
Bellary District, India
Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

You have posted the question & answered it yourself.

By the way,most of the guides in Hampi are Government approved & have a deep knowledge of Hampi's history & secrets.

But they have their individual style & USP's in explaining the same.

Mentioned in this post
Hampi
Hampi
Bellary District, India
Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
15 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

You can also try P. Hussen (guidehussen@gmail.com). He took me and my parents around Hampi for 2 days this last December. He is a professional in all respects and a very knowledgeable person on all aspects of Indian culture. He was also very kind and attentive to the needs of my aged parents, trying to adjust his tour to their needs and pace. All in all, he made Hampi ruins alive for us with all sorts of informations. I do recommend him heartily. Have fun

Mentioned in this post
Hampi
Hampi
Bellary District, India
Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

I would recommend Rama (Parahu-Rama). He is a lovely man and we took the day tour - a few hours in the morning, a break for lunch and then back in the afternoon. Rama is very knowledgable with a genuine love for his subject. He has a degree in history before completing the govt guide training programme. I studied archeology (many years ago!) and this was a real treat for me. We are already saving for a return visit. You can contact him directly on 91+9449119485, or ask Ravi / Koushik at Issta Tours 91+9448801852 email raviissta@yahoo.com.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

Just returned from Hampi.

I too would recommend Rama (Parahu-Rama). He is very knowledgeable and very professional in his approach. We found his services very good. You can contact him directly on 91+9449119485.

Mentioned in this post
Hampi
Hampi
Bellary District, India
Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

How much does a local guide charge per day ?

Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
15 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

The fee of the guy we used (P. Hussen, guidehussen@gmail.com, www.hampi7guides.com) was 1500 rupies per day.

Lugano, Switzerland
Level Contributor
15 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

Forgot to mention it was Xmas time (peak season).

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

Hi

What are the charges for the tourist guides?

Regards

Vijay

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Local Guides in Hampi

I also contacted Hussen at hampi7guides and although he was busy he arranged for one of his colleagues to meet me at my hotel and guide me.

Very happy with the service and knowledge of my guide Veeresh who took me everywhere I asked and a few additional places as we had spare time. He also advised me of some of the best places to take photos.

Best to email Hussen, as the price depends on how many hours or days you need guiding services for.

Reply to: Local Guides in Hampi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hampi