We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jazz Festival

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Jazz Festival

Those of you staying in Sosua or PP and planning on going to the jazz festival in Cabarete now can also go to it in Sosua.

It was anounced that the Jazz Festival here will now kick off in Sosua with a concert at the new park by Alicia beach on Wednesday night (Nov 9) and then continue with two preformances on Thursday (Nov 10) (one day and one night) at the Casa Marina Hotel ampitheater.

To see the line up see:

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

BObK

Edited: 14 October 2011, 16:15
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
276 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jazz Festival

B0bk. . .

Yeah I saw the line-up a couple of weeks an the Seahorse Ranch website. . . It sounds likie it's going to be a swell 2 days & nights of Latin Jazz in Sousa & 2 days & nights in Cabarete . . . I was hoping to return again this year, but won't be able to . . .

So they finally finished the new park area down by Playa Alicia, great. I always enjoy a couple of days of beach time on Playa Alicia. I can't wait to see the completed park area on my next visit. . . .

streetscaper69

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jazz Festival

They really did a nice job on the park and it has been open, except for the small bar that was supposed to be there, for about 2 months.

The beach is still beautiful.

BObK

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
276 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jazz Festival

B0bk. . . Sounds great. . . I'll be staying at the Casa Cayena, as usual, on my next adventure to Sousa, maybe next April for my Easter vacation. If everything goes as planned, maybe I'll be going to check out ISS up on the hill before I move down there for good . . .

streetscaper69

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jazz Festival

Let me know if i can be of any help. I thihk you will be impressed with the ISS.

BObK

New York City
Destination Expert
for Sosua
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jazz Festival

I was hanging with ol' Roberto at last year's Jazz Festival, and it was, in a word, Fantastico! Tremendous talent was on display over several nights along the gorgeous and torch-lit beach of Cabarete! Those of you in town this week, should definitely do yourself the favor of savoring the hypnotic sounds of latin-infused jazz at its finest!

Enjoy it all for me, 'course I won't be jealous, I've got my memories, pix, a t-shirt and the musica from last November to keep me compania! :-)

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
276 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jazz Festival

BFG. . . I see you're making the rounds today on TA. . . bueno!

Yeah, it was a great weekend of Latin Jazz, beach, waves, sunshine, Presidente's, comida Dominicana, y mucho bailar. The talent was indeed incredible on the stage and off the stage . . .

I'm hoping to get back there next year . . . With some luck, hopefully I'll be staying there for some time . . .

cuidate mi hermano,

streetscaper

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jazz Festival

It will be quite the venue this year wtih Wed. nite at the new park at playa Alicia in sosua, Thur. night at the theater in Casa Marina resort in Sosua and then moving on to two nights on the beach in Cabarete.

Music lover's heaven

BObK

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
276 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jazz Festival

B0bk,

Make us all jealous, lol . . . I'm dying that I will not be able to make it down next week . . Yes four nights of Jazz on the beach in Sosua & Cabarete . . Indeed a music lover's heaven . . . on the beach, with your feet in the sand, a cerveza in one hand, and a camera in the other . .

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jazz Festival

Just an update:

Rmemeber the festival kicks off tonight at the new park on Alicia Beach.

Should be a great time.

BObK

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
276 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jazz Festival

Ahhh . . . Gonna miss the music, people, beach, and good times. . . . I'll be sure to listen to Latin Jazz all weekend . . . .

Get answers to your questions about Sosua