We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from santa domingo to sosua

Nevada
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
distance from santa domingo to sosua

Hello,

Does anyone know the distance between Santa Domingo to Sosua and how long a drive it is. Thanks

gp

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
39,156 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance from santa domingo to sosua

It's about 3 1/2 to 4 hours--a bit longer if you're driving out of Santo Domingo during the evening rush hour.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance from santa domingo to sosua

Expat is correct and it can take well over an hour to get out of santa domingo during rush hour (actually during rush hours).

If you are thinking of driving it i would suggest taking the bus. Either the Metro which leaves from the texaco station in town or Caribe tours which leaves from Cheramicos (sp) which is just 2 min east of Sosua. Both will cost about $9 each way and they are big, airconditioned (freezing sometimes) coaches. Very comfortable and reliable.

BObK

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: distance from santa domingo to sosua

Dominicans must love AC...because that bus is freezing!

Its a 4 hour drive definitely from Sosua to Santo Domingo. I actually had to take the bus to Sosua because I missed my flight from JFK to Santiago. When I was there Im pretty sure I took Metro Tours for $7US one way. Bring a book and a blanket.

New York
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: distance from santa domingo to sosua

Ditto that getting out of SD is the most time-consuming and hairy part of the trip. Having said that, once you get up into the mountains, it is an absolutely gorgeous drive. Coming from SD to Sosua, I would suggest stopping at the top of the first big mountain you climb for lunch. I forget the name of the restaurant, but you can probably research it. It is unforgettable, reasonably priced and good food to boot!

5. Re: distance from santa domingo to sosua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 07:49
Get answers to your questions about Sosua
Recent Conversations