We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Can anyone please tell me how close to town is this resort. Which way do we walk from the beach? Any local bars on the beach that are recommended. I am coming down with a group of 10 and am trying to decide if this resort is good for walking into town as many want that option. Thanks for any information.

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,070 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viva Wyndham Tangerine

It is less then a 10 min walk along the beach to town where the beach i s lined with mutliple restaurants, bars, clubs and shops.

When you exit to the beach turn right and you will see the town. We used to live next door at Ocean Dream condos and walked to town for dinner almost every night.

BObK

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,798 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viva Wyndham Tangerine

I would not recommend walking this stretch on the beach (or the main road) late at night. While it is a short, ten minute walk on the beach, some parts are very dark. Surely, if there are ten of you walking together, it would be less likely that anyone with bad intentions would try to approach you. If you were to walk at night, always walk as close to the ocean as possible. Someone can hide behind a tree, but no one will hide inside the ocean :)

A cab won't cost you much if you share it, about $6 total.

Silvia

Toronto
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Hi...we were at this resort a few weeks ago and it is an easy walk into town (around 10 mins). In fact, we walked on the beach into town almost every afternoon. There are quite a few clubs/bars/restaurants....not sure about recommendations as I'm not sure what you or your friends like. We went into town on a Saturday night and all the bars were "happening" (i.e. lots of people, loud music, etc). We also went twice during the week and it was a much more relaxed vibe. Can't comment on walking the beach late at night..we were told that it wasn't advisable so we just took cabs (or walked on the road). During the day/early evening wasn't an issue at all.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Thank for the replies. We won't be walking the beach at night we are just looking to walk into town during the day. Mazzo did you like this resort?

We were also looking at the casa marina reef in sosua as another option of going into town during the day but the reviews are better at this resort

Thanks again everyone

Toronto
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Viva Wyndham Tangerine

Hi...yes, I did like the resort. I was hoping to post a review but haven't had the time to do it yet. We were there for 10 days. Booked a week and then ended up extending the trip, so we stayed both in the Palace and then the regular rooms. I would recommend the Palace. The resort itself is pretty dated, but everything is kept very clean. The grounds are just incredible. Everything is so lush and green. Food was pretty good for an all-inclusive. The beach is also really great. It's a small resort which I liked, however, there were a few guests complaining that it was too small (I didn't find this to be the case). The animation staff put on shows every night which were surprisingly pretty good. We were also looking at the Casa Marina (and Sosua Bay) and when we were driving to the hotel and had to drop off other passengers at these two hotels, I was really glad that we chose the Viva Tangerine.

If you have specific questions about the hotel, please feel free to send me a pm...I'd be happy to answer.

6. Re: Viva Wyndham Tangerine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:46