We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Diamante, Playa Caleton

Shelburne Falls...
2 posts
Save Topic
Playa Diamante, Playa Caleton

We are a family of four coming to Cabarete Feb 21- March 6. I am interested in getting to these beaches at some point during our trip. Are there buses from Cabarete?

Silvia, I would be interested in your driver referral as well.

Thanks, Carol

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Diamante, Playa Caleton

Hi Carol,

You could get to both beaches by small local buses (they're called "guaguas"). Don't think nice buses, just crowded minivans.

If you want to contact a driver, try sending an email to Elias at taxisosua@hotmail.com. He reads and responds to emails Monday-Friday.

Elias speaks English and comes highly recommended by BobK. We used him only once; he was on time and our guest was very happy.

Silvia

PS: Did you get to look at photos of these two beaches on the net?

Edited: 07 February 2012, 05:40
Shelburne Falls...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Diamante, Playa Caleton

Thanks for the info, Silvia. Yes, I did see pictures--very nice. I also noticed that these beaches are in the area that some of the snorkel tours visit, and I am wondering if the tours offer anything that we can't just get to ourselves via gua-gua. We are budget travellers, and at $85 x 4 people tours really add up. We plan to bring snorkeling gear with us anyway.

Carol

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,242 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Diamante, Playa Caleton

Carol,

You may be able to get a driver to take you for $85 to both beaches, and wait for you.

Tour companies are likely to include a meal, and stop in more than one place/

If you take the guagua, prepare yourself for a longer and crowded trip. The guagua goes to Rio San Juan. Once there, you need to take another guagua (you'll have to ask in the area) to make it to Caleton. They'll leave you on the road and you'll have to walk a few blocks on a dirt path to reach the beach. I can't remember the ages of your children but it can be a drag for them.

I have not yet been to Diamante. If you do it on the same day, the same guagua that takes you from Rio San Juan to Caleton is likely to pass by Playa Diamante too.

Silvia

usa
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Diamante, Playa Caleton

Hi!! im a regulard client of taxi sosua - cabarte and my driver is always jose gomez he speak english and french and he is realy good he has a van realy confortable, he gave me a tour around puerto plata and told me about the story and places there and he took me to the hotel to the airport so i think he is realy good.

his email is josegomeztaxi@hotmail.com.

Jess Garcia.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 06:29
5. Re: Playa Diamante, Playa Caleton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 14:56