We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from airport to cabarete - options

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
109 reviews
transfer from airport to cabarete - options

hi guys

what are my options/prices for getting from PP airport to cabarete. ie public bus / taxi etc

thanks

9 replies to this topic
Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
9,480 posts
1 review
1. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

Taxi $35 waiting outside, easy peezy.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,261 posts
288 reviews
2. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

Take an airport cab. There is no bus from the airport. You would have to walk several blocks, cross the highway, and stand by the highway to flag a shared taxi (“carrito”) or a minibus (“guagua”). You’ll need to have pesos and small change.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

thanks for the options ... what is the charge pp for the shared taxi or a minibus ?

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
109 reviews
4. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

are the main car rental agencies all based in the airport ?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,261 posts
288 reviews
5. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

Yes, there are many car rental agencies at the airport, local and international companies.

Sorry can’t help with the cost of the carrito or guagua. I think I may have said minibus when I meant mini-van. Six passengers plus driver in a shared taxi, aka carrito público, usually a small Sentra, and an unknown number in the guagua mini-van.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 07:42
Cabarete, Puerto...
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

You can just grab a cab at the airport. But if you want something more personal get a hold of Angelo at Speedy Rodriguez Taxi and Tours 829-872-3367 (whatsapp). If he is busy he will hook you up with a reliable local in his network.

If you don't have a lot of stuff with you, you can walk 500 meters to the road and grab a guagua, which is a van that stuffs itself full of passengers for $50-100 DOP. They will probably want $100 DOP or so if you have luggage. You will need to make sure your hotel is on the main road and have an idea of where to tell them it is if you want to use this option, Think of it as like a mini-bus that picks up and drops off anywhere on the main road. Although, I wouldn't suggest this option if you are well traveled and adventurous. It is the main way to get around Cabarete, but it can be a little confusing if you don't speak Spanish.

Do not exchange money at the airport. It is a rip off. Get a little at your bank in your country to get you by until the morning.

liverpool
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
109 reviews
7. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

Guagua worked really well. Van came aftet less than 5 mins and have used a few times more since.

Airport was 100peso each, cab wanted 35usd.

Sosua was 50peso each

One journey had 25 people in the van 😁

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
47,261 posts
288 reviews
8. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

Thanks for posting back with your experience, tharobster. You're very brave to be willing to take a guagua with 25 people inside. I mentioned 'unknown number' because there's a joke in town about how many people fit in a guagua. Answer is 'one more'.

Cabarete, Puerto...
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: transfer from airport to cabarete - options

Sweet! Glad that worked out for you! Nice work.

Reply to: transfer from airport to cabarete - options
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cabarete
Recent Conversations