We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips with a car from Sibiu

san diego
2 posts
Save Topic
Day trips with a car from Sibiu

My best friend and I are staying 7 days in Sibiu. We want to have one base hotel and just do day trips in our rental car. We so far have decided we want to see the following...Brasov, Tudra Salt Mine, Sighisoara, Corvin Castle, Cozia Monastery, and the Transfagarasan Highway. Are some of these doable combined together in a day? Is there something we should eliminate? Anything we should add? We are going to be there from Oct 2-9. Also should we give up a day in Sibiu to give ourselves a day to check out Bucharest?

2 replies to this topic
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
7,403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips with a car from Sibiu

It would be more convenient to split your time between Sibiu and Brasov (3-4 days using each as base) but this is workable too.

The places you mentioned are in different directions, it's complicated to do more on the same day; at best you could the Transfagarasan + Cozia in a day as part of a large loop.

On the other hand you can easily add places:

- the day you visit Corvin castle you can also see Deva fortress

- when you visit Turda salt mines you can also do Alba Iulia citadel

- when you go to Sighisoara you can see Biertan and Medias

A must-see place that you should include somehow is Peles castle in Sinaia, about one hour south of Brasov.

Other ideas would be the Transalpina road, the Marginimea Sibiului shepherds villages or the Horezu area.

No real need to include Bucharest this time.

san diego
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips with a car from Sibiu

Thank you so much for all of this information.

Reply to: Day trips with a car from Sibiu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted