We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mae Sot and Friendship Bridge

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mae Sot and Friendship Bridge

Has anybody any current information for foreigners wanting to cross the bridge into Myawaddy? Is overnight accommodation allowed or are only daily passes issued? What transport is available to cross over and is there just one immigration queue or a different one for foreigners? I would like to meet some friends there and would rather not have to go through Rangoon and have to get a visa beforehand.

Bangkok, Krung...
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mae Sot and Friendship Bridge

Pretty sure it's a one day type of thing, couldn't tell you about the hours though. There are songtaos from the market (or you could grab a tuk tuk) to the border. I'd probably walk across instead of dealing with a crowded van or bus. Sorry I can't be more helpful but once you are in Mae Sot it should be simple to figure it all out. You could always go through a guesthouse.

2. Re: Mae Sot and Friendship Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2015, 03:45
Get answers to your questions about Mae Sot