We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai

Arizona
Level Contributor
48 posts
49 reviews
Bus from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai

Hello :)

I just arrived at my hotel in Mawlamyine, Myanmar. They had told me via email that I could easily travel from here to Chiang Mai tomorrow, but now they are telling me that the bus from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai is only at 6am and 10am. I would really like to make it to Chiang Mai tomorrow because I have a room booked that I cannot cancel.

Can anyone please advise if there are buses that go all day to Chiang Mai or are departures only in the morning?

Thank you for your help :)

3 replies to this topic
Den Haag
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Bus from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai

From wikivoyage: Another way to leave Mae Sot is to catch the minibus to Tak to connect to onward buses. These leave throughout the day around every 40 minutes from the old market area which is over the bridge from Green Guesthouse. The trip to Tak takes around 1.5 hours. Tak has more frequent connections with Chiang Mai.

Arizona
Level Contributor
48 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Bus from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai

Thank you so much :)

1 post
1 review
3. Re: Bus from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai

Hi Rolf, do you know roughly how much it cost? Travelling today so be good to et an estimate! Thanks in advance 🙂

Reply to: Bus from Mae Sot to Chiang Mai
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mae Sot