We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro

I am planning on being in the Philippines in July/August of 2010. I want to check on flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro. I have found some for Philippine Air but I would like to know if there are other air lines who fly there. As anyone who has been the Philippines knows, Philippine Air is a little over priced. Cebu Air’s website says they have no seats available for the entire year (no sense there) Anyone have any other suggestions, other air lines?

Thanks

Allan

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,725 posts
1,970 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro

I just did a search on www.cebupacificair.com for a random date in January for a flight from Manila to Cagayan de Oro with the return trip in early February 2010.

All five flights in each direction had available seats: a typical return fare including taxes was P4793. At times, Cebu Pacific has sales: subscribe to their online updates for details.

If paying for flights online it is a good idea to enrol in the (extra password step) 'Verified by Visa' or equivalent MasterCard program. This ensures that your credit card is accepted by the Cebu Pacific and PAL online sites.

As always, fares exclude individual Filipino airport taxes that must be paid in cash prior to boarding your flight: in Manila, the tax is P200 for domestic flights and P750 for international flights. Most other Filipino domestic airports have lower taxes.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,624 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro

I just checked the Cebu Pacific website for 26th July. It allowed me to go through the process of making a booking. Here are the details

E (MNL - CGY) 1 Adult @ 1,864.00PHP1,864.00

Taxes/Fees detailsPHP262.88

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total PricePHP2,126.88

FLIGHT DETAILS Manila (MNL)

to Cagayan de Oro (CGY)

26 Jul 10

5J 385 depart MNL 12:20H

CGY 13:50H

Perhaps you are confusing no promo seats with no seats.

If you want a promo deal, you will have to wait until a few weeks before travelling.

Cebu Pacific is a budget airline.

http://book.cebupacificair.com/Search.aspx

Philippine Airlines is the premier airline of the Philippines

www.philippineairlines.com/home/home.jsp

and has Air Philippines as it's budget carrier.

http://www.airphils.com/

Regards: Jim

3. Re: Flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2010, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Cagayan de Oro