We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Hi, Can anyone tell me what is the best way of getting from Ajmer train station to Pushkar. Is the bus station nearby? Are taxis at the station safe to take?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

You can take taxi or Tuk-tuk.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Ajmer has got to be one of the most intimidating train stations in the country, what with the number of people who come at you asking for taxis etc. My strategy is to ask "how much?" in a clear voice and pick the most harmless looking guy with the least amount of aggression. Let's reward the meek,, yes? :) :)

Edited: 17 November 2011, 08:47
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,616 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Bus stop is not very far from Ajmer railway station and Buses for Pushkar every hours . Bus drive will be approx 30 Minuts for 25 Km distance from Ajmer to Pushkar.

Noida
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Agree with Deepa.. most convinient option.

Ireland
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Many thanks to all that responded to my query, I will probably get a taxi.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

That's a pretty good strategy Deepa, and sensible too..

Pretty much what I do I get through the first line of transport wallahs (who are still barking at other behind me) pause and there's always a gentle guy who catches our eye..Do I pay over the odds with this approach, maybe but hell I'm supposed to be on holiday.

I always remember the barracking from the guys on the front line is just people making a living, so I remain as polite as possible in fending them off..

Used to be there was a public bus for Pushkar right across from the front of the station, and to the right, is no longer the case?? Little hole in the wall guy selling tickets??

Employ Deepa's method and the taxis are safe for sure.

Edited: 22 November 2011, 01:05
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
75 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Dear IrelandDel

I don't know whether you have done with your journey or not but I am posting this for the benefit of future readers.

If some one wants to use the public transport:

(a) Come out of ajmer railway station - cross the road using bridge- take right turn - walk for 300 meters - its Gandhi bhawan - You will get a direct bus for Pushkar

(b) Take an auto from railway station to Bus station which is about 3 kms and take a bus.

Edited: 09 January 2012, 22:22
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
75 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=NH+8&daddr=NH+8&hl=en&sll=26.457088,74.637047&sspn=0.003391,0.006899&geocode=FTqzkwEdat1yBA%3BFei4kwEdj9xyBA&vpsrc=0&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&t=m&z=17

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
75 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

The rail link started today

…indiatimes.com/city/…11595951.cms

Grahamstown, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ajmer Train station to Pushkar

Will there be buses at 3am in the morning? Or taxis? The train from Delhi arrives at 02h30.

Get answers to your questions about Ajmer