We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petrol stations on Lifou

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Petrol stations on Lifou

Hello,

We're spending a few days on Lifou in early May. I've arranged a hire car to get around the island. However our return flight to Noumea is at some ungodly hour of the morning....on a Monday. Naturally it's expected that the rental car will be returned with a full tank of petrol, but will there be anywhere to buy petrol at 6:30 am? I'm a bit concerned because I gather not much will be open anywhere on the Sunday either meaning I can't just fill up the evening before. We're staying at Oasis de Kiamu, so down towards the south of Lifou, but not too far from We.

Thanks for advice!

5 replies to this topic
Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
805 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petrol stations on Lifou

Hello,

Some stations are open on Sunday afternoon. You'll find all of them listed with their opening hours on the official tourism website: www.iles-loyaute.com/Lifou/Infos_pratiques ("Stations services").

The English versions seems not to have this list, so here are a few French words:

* "Lundi" means "Monday",

* "Vendredi" = Friday

* "Samedi" = Saturday

* and "Dimanche" = Sunday

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petrol stations on Lifou

Merci! The English version of that website doesn't list service stations, so your link provides exactly the info I need. Luckily most seem to open around 6am on Monday so I can just stop on the way to the airport.

Chinchilla...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Petrol stations on Lifou

I have been searching without any success as to car hire places on Lifou. Can you please tell me how you found one and the contact info for it?

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
805 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petrol stations on Lifou

Hello,

You can check the "transports" section on the Tourism Info Board website: http://www.iles-loyaute.com/en/lifou-2

Chinchilla...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Petrol stations on Lifou

Brilliant!! Thank you so much!

Reply to: Petrol stations on Lifou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lifou