We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margarita Village - Jan. 1st to 9th - Info needed

Montreal
2 posts
Save Topic
Margarita Village - Jan. 1st to 9th - Info needed

Hi everyone!

My friends and I will be staying at Margarita Village from January 1st to January 9th. This was our only option considering that we only booked yesterday, and that we are a group of 6 single guys between 24 and 25 years old!

I would appreciate any information relating to the food, security, cost of life, and most importantly :), the nightlife there. I believe MV is in Polarmar. Also, I've been browsing the forums and saw that months ago, the reviews for MV or MIV weren't that good, especially the food! Has this changed? Anyone stayed there lately? Any kind of advice or information would be helpful.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Charles

Mentioned in this post
Margarita Village
Margarita Village
396 Reviews
Margarita Island, Venezuela
La Casa de Esther
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Caribbean, Latin, Venezuelan
Il Nonno Pizzeria
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, European
Arepas de Los Hermanos Moya
₹, Caribbean, Latin, Fast food
Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Margarita Village - Jan. 1st to 9th - Info needed

Hi Charles,

We are going to MI from Jan 4 to 11, first time for us as well. I am learning a lot here from others who have been there, done that. So far it's sounding like a great trip!

Please post your thoughts when you get back, there really isnt a lot of info about MI online compared to other places.

Hope you guys have a great time!

Funkynassau

Montreal
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Margarita Village - Jan. 1st to 9th - Info needed

Hi! My boyfriend and I are in the same situation that you are. We book a last minute trip on the same dates and will be staying at the same hotel. Have you gotten any feed back about the hotel?

Montreal
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Margarita Village - Jan. 1st to 9th - Info needed

Thanks for the reply Funky. Yes, I hope it'll be a great trip, I've been hearing great things about the island, just not sure about the hotel.

MissCaprice, I didn't find any recent feedback on the MV hotel. The last review on this site is dated Aug 11 2005 and wasn't very good :(

Let's hope it's better now, but anyway the hotel is pretty close to downtown Polarmar, so they should be a lot of things to do. We'll probably cross path during the week, I hope you two have a great time!

Montreal
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Margarita Village - Jan. 1st to 9th - Info needed

Thanks for the reply! I guess we'll see about the hotel when we get there... As long as the sun is around, i'm sure we'll have fun!

Thank-you and have a great trip!

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Margarita Village - Jan. 1st to 9th - Info needed

Hi folks,

The countdown is on for us as we head there on Jan 4th for the first time. I think a large part of a holiday is what you make of it. Some people hate everything no matter where they go. I plan to make the best of it if certain things arent quite what I had in mind. As long as the hotel room is clean and reasonably comfy, that's cool with me. It's basically a place to shower and sleep. I hope the food is decent as it's an AI, but if not, we'll eat what appeals and have meals elsewhere, food does appear to be quite cheap. It's not going to be like a North American vacation, and that's ok with me.

Positive thoughts, everyone!

Funkynassau

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island