We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa el agua Jan 06

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Playa el agua Jan 06

Hi, we're off to Hesperia Playa el Agua in Jan and was wondering how does it compare to Cuba. I first went to Varadero 10 years ago and have since been back to Varadero, Holguin and Havana, so have seen how its changing, We're looking for somewhere we can chill and enjoy the beach bars at nite, would love any info or advice

Thanks

W W
fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa el agua Jan 06

your going to have a great time, i stayed there 3 years ago and it was a perfect trip, the hotel is beautiful , clean and the staff is friendly and very attentive!

the location of the hotel is great becuase there are tiny shops and discos across the road directly on the beach.

and at the time food and drink was included in your stay! so we saved lots of money, it was definetly better than staying at the hotel in porlamar! also i took a bus from porlamar to the hotel, this was great way to see the island and local life! i was accompanied by my neice she is a local.so that helped at the bus stop.

enjoy yourself!

wesley

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa el agua Jan 06

Hi steve,

I was in Cuba last year. Margarita is way better than Cuba in my opinion. The food is much tastier and has more flavour, the hotels and restaurants are much cleaner. I enjoyed the Cuba experience for sure, but was much more impressed by Margarita and the people, food, activities.

Although Margarita is still behind in some ways, the island is progressing at a fast pace. You can find everything you need including a variety of food, clothing and toiletries.

There are also quite a few beautiful beaches to choose from and the water and weather is much warmer of course :-)

Enjoy!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
876 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa el agua Jan 06

Steve We are going to Playa El Agua March 1st so we will be waiting to read your "great" review on the place! By the way, we have been to Cuba 3 times and picked MI because of the warm temperatures there, you can't always count on 90 degrees in Cuba! Have a great vacation!!

italy
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa el agua Jan 06

hi,liverpoolsteve Margarita Island is a very nice place to go nothing to do with cuba, the hesperia hotel is the best hotel the food, the staff and the area where is located also is you want to enjoy more the island don't forget the Eco Safari that tour will show you places where none can not go like the National Park La Sierra the tallest point of the island 996 mts (las antenas), they do not rush,the service is personalize,they have the best Land Cruiser with capacity only for 6 passenger with a/c,is a full day tour all inclusive don't take any chances send a e-mail to info@sr4x4.com they will give you the best advise.

note write me back to know your experience thank you.

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island