We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Advice

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
Tour Advice

Will be visiting Easter Island end of this month. Am wondering is it better/cheaper to wait and book a tour on arrival or do it beforehand? Does anyone know if tours get booked up, would booking day of arrival for next day be the norm! Advice Welcome :)

4 replies to this topic
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,462 posts
1 review
1. Re: Tour Advice

welcome,

I can only speak for the 2x i was there in the early Septembers.

But i just booked a tour the day before i wanted to go. I didnt notice extra fee for booking sooner or later since they had a price list readily available and it was up front, not a "surprise".

as far as when you arrive when is that? Again, from the tours i took if your arrive is 1200> you may not find any tour that late. I had a morning and an all day tour. Not sure about the afternoons.

you may want to consider how long you will be there and then consider how to do the tour. If you have multiple days you could take a 1/2 day tour and chill or wonder on your own. Travel isnt a 1 way type of thing so you can mix and match how you want to do it.

good luck.

Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
581 posts
2. Re: Tour Advice

You might book tours on-site if you're flexible and wish to join a group.

You should book in advance if you wish to book private tours or, alternatively, you'll arrive on weekend, national holiday or it's high season.

Hotels offer tours as upgrades.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Tour Advice

ok great. thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Tour Advice

Lots of tour operators in the town/village of Hanga Roa. Similar prices. You don't need to book in advance of your arrival. Your hotel can also help you choose an operator.

Reply to: Tour Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted