We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels next to the town

london
Level Contributor
208 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels next to the town

Hi all

Which hotels can you recommend in town near restaurants and walking distance to any attractions?

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels next to the town

Hotels are all located in Hanga Roa (with only a couple of exceptions).

The village is really small so you're in a walking distance no matter where you go.

The archeological sites are the real attractions, only a few of them in the village.

Mentioned in this post
Hanga Roa
Hanga Roa
Easter Island, Chile
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,778 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels next to the town

Actually many sites are within walking (or biking) distance, but they involve long hikes.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels next to the town

welcome,

have you tried any travel books?

or do you care to look here...

www.booking.com

you can choose your budget, which you dont say, and you can choose your lodging type and amenities.

for what its worth, you will be on an island. sort of like London. How far do you want to walk? You will probably want to spend time in Hanga Roa where the places to eat are located and the shops. You can walk from the airport into town if you choose, but if you do, i would contact your lodging to make sure they wont be the to pick you up.

There are many attractions around the island, so you can rent a car, bike/motorcycle/scooter or tour.

There are loose horses on the island and i was hoping i could ride to the places, but that wasnt happening.

good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Hanga Roa
Hanga Roa
Easter Island, Chile
Reply to: Hotels next to the town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted