We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Padstow from London

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling to Padstow from London

I am wanting to travel to Padstow from London, and have found a train that will take me to Newquay. Is this my best option for the train? And once i get to Newquay, what is the easiest way to get to Padstow?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling to Padstow from London

Hi craft1

Western Greyhound's service number 556 departs from outside Newquay's Great Western Hotel by the station Mon -Sat at 09.08, 11.08, 13.08, 15.08, 17.08 and 19.08. This will drop you in Padstow by the old station in the town. Newquay station is the nearest you'll get to Padstow I'm afraid.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling to Padstow from London

Another option might be to get same bus on its Bodmin - Padstow leg?

http://www.westerngreyhound.com/2006/555.pdf

Goes from Bodmin Parkway which is a stopping station for London trains.

According to the timetable takes about an hour. Not sure how the connections at Par to Newquay then Newquay to Padstow work out but certainly an alternative.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling to Padstow from London

Bodmin Road has a far more frequent train service than Newquay so is probably the better alternative.

Newcastle NSW...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling to Padstow from London

We are thinking of train from London to somewhere convenient in the Cornwall area (?) to pick up a car to get to Padstow and other places Mousehole (?) St Ives etc. We would have liked to go to Gittisham on the way but don't know if that fits in...ie is there somewhere near Gittisham to pick up a car and then on to Padstow or is that not feasible? Thanks for any help....

hsj
London, United...
Level Contributor
476 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling to Padstow from London

If Gittisham is a must do then I would get the train to Exeter ot Taunton and then hire a car.

6. Re: Travelling to Padstow from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 23:46
Get answers to your questions about Padstow
Recent Conversations