We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to go to Jaen from Madrid-Barajas Airport ?

Hannover, Germany
11 posts
Save Topic
How to go to Jaen from Madrid-Barajas Airport ?

I will be Madrid-Barajas Airport next week, and then go to Jaen. I am stranger there, is anyone kind to tell me the best way to do so? (such as by train or by bus? and where and how to catch them?.....) Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Barajas Airport
Barajas Airport
Madrid, Spain
Jaen
Jaen
Province of Jaen, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,880 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to go to Jaen from Madrid-Barajas Airport ?

alivadi:

There are buses from the Estacion Sur in Madrid to Jaen:

http://samar.es/horarios/autobuses/Madrid-Estacion+Sur/Jaen/341/684

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Jaen
Jaen
Province of Jaen, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,911 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to go to Jaen from Madrid-Barajas Airport ?

There are a few trains that run from either Chamartin or Atocha stations in Madrid and take the same time as a bus. I prefer the train which is a Media Distancia type and quite comfortable. You have some good views on the way.

The station you use from Madrid depends on where you are staying and if Atocha then this train passes from Chamartin using a tunnel and stops at the Cercanias part of the station. Cercanias is like a local train service for commuters and is recognised by the distinctive logo of inverted letter C on red background.

If you are heading straight from airport then you can take the Cercanias half hourly train from Terminal 4 to Chamartin which is only about 10 minutes ride. You can buy your tickets at Terminal 4 RENFE ticket office and no need to buy in advance. Just look at the times of the trains on Renfe.com and decide on your travel plan. If you arrive at other terminals at Barajas you can take the free shuttle bus to 4.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Hannover, Germany
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to go to Jaen from Madrid-Barajas Airport ?

Thank you very much

4. Re: How to go to Jaen from Madrid-Barajas Airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2016, 11:50
Get answers to your questions about Jaen
More Jaen Topics