We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaen to Parador de Jaen

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Jaen to Parador de Jaen

My friend and I will be travelling in this region of Spain in mid August. We will have no car and will be relying on public transport. How do we get from Jaens to Parador de Jaen? From what I have been able to find out so far it seems like you can't get to the front door of the Parador or even close. Thanks in advance. We really want to go there. :)

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Parador de Jaen
Parador de Jaen
1,088 Reviews
Jaen, Spain
Parador
Parador
191 Reviews
Santo Domingo de la Calzada, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,939 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

Lynn:

You need a car to go to the Parador. There is no bus that goes there and it is too far to walk from the center of town. The views from the Parador are very good, but I would not stay in this Parador. When I visited it during a day trip while staying in town, I found the inside of the Parador quite depressing and they had many signs telling people to be quiet.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

Thanks so much for your reply BennieM. There are mixed reviews. Can you recommend any Parador's from Granada, Cordoba, Seville areas? Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,945 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

I have stayed in a few Paradors. I think the one that is the most expensive but allows a special feeling of being right amongst the Alhambra complex which is pretty unique is in Granada. You can access by using buses heading for Alhambra main entrance.

http://www.parador.es/en/parador-de-granada

There is one quite attractive remodeling of an old building at Carmona that is within bus ride of Seville and may be worth looking at and the town itself is very nice but clearly you need time for the bus out of Seville.

http://www.parador.es/en/parador-de-carmona

If you plan to use trains then perhaps look at Antequera Parador which is quite modern and may not be what you are looking for however is situated near the train station of Antequera (ciudad) and you can reach here by train from Seville, Granada or Cordoba.

http://www.parador.es/en/parador-de-antequera

As you mention being in Jaen then Ubeda is not far by bus and has a splendid Parador ..it is also easy to reach Baeza by bus as well.

http://www.parador.es/en/parador-de-ubeda

A little further afield from your designated cities I like the Paradors at Ronda and at Arcos de la Frontera. but in mid August when it gets hot inland I prefer to head fro the Cadiz MODERN Parador facing the Atlantic and cool off in the sea.

http://www.parador.es/en/parador-de-cadiz

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
34,647 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Antequera
Antequera
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Jaen
Jaen
Province of Jaen, Spain
Ubeda
Ubeda
Province of Jaen, Spain
Baeza
Baeza
Province of Jaen, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Arcos de la Frontera
Arcos de la Frontera
374 Reviews
Arcos de la Frontera, Spain
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
67,939 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

The Parador in Carmona is very good. It has splendid views of the countryside and plenty of free parking.

I recently went to the Parador in Siguenza and that one is very good.

For me the best Parador is the one in Leon.

Mentioned in this post
Siguenza
Siguenza
Province of Guadalajara, Spain
Leon
Leon
Province of Leon, Spain
Jaen, Spain
Level Contributor
318 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

The info of BennyMalaga is not exactly true. The Parador de Jaén is nice, the deco of inside is old style and you can take a taxi from the city to the hotel. The Parador de Jaén is the best hotel-castle of Europe, tripadvisor awarded it.

Mentioned in this post
Parador
Parador
191 Reviews
Santo Domingo de la Calzada, Spain
Europe
Europe
World
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

Thanks everyone for your replies. Much appreciated. I guess it's always subjective. Counting down, 3 weeks and I'm in Spain.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

Over the years I have stayed in 35 paradors and have stayed in Jaen 3 times. The parador in Jaen is spectacular and the bedrooms are wonderful with balconies affording breathtaking views. The restaurant is excellent and the food and drink are bargains. For the most part, staying in a parador enhances one's stay in Spain a great deal, and if possible they should always be the traveler's first choice.

Mentioned in this post
Jaen
Jaen
Province of Jaen, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

Over the years I have stayed in 35 paradors and have stayed in Jaen 3 times. The parador in Jaen is spectacular and the bedrooms are wonderful with balconies affording breathtaking views. The restaurant is excellent and the food and drink are bargains. For the most part, staying in a parador enhances one's stay in Spain a great deal, and if possible they should always be the traveler's first choice.

Mentioned in this post
Jaen
Jaen
Province of Jaen, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
9. Re: Jaen to Parador de Jaen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Jaen
More Jaen Topics