We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cazorla - help and information please

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cazorla - help and information please

I see this forum does not get a lot of posts but nonetheless hoping someone out there can help. I have been told that Cazorla is somewhere I should visit so looking at it as a possible base for later this summer. I am into scenic landscape, simple places and walking and for comparison I particularly like the Sierra de Grazalema area (hooked on Montejaque) so wondering if the Cazorla area would be a good fit for someone like me?

Accommodation suggestions would be welcomed, especially self catering for a solo traveller (who's Spanish is rubbish but I seem to get by). Here's hoping that this will generate a few responses, thanks in advance.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,933 posts
3,785 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cazorla - help and information please

dedinburgh:

I have been to Cazorla. From the town to the valley below, you have to ride for more than half an hour on a road that twists and turns. So the access is difficult and I would not recommend it as a base at all. I would do it more as a day trip with a car.

Jaen, Spain
Level Contributor
318 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cazorla - help and information please

Again. The info of BennyMalaga is not exactly true. From the capitol of the province to Cazorla town you have one hour and half. You can use Cazorla like a base to know Jaén province, but not andalusia.

Look at this web, please: http://www.turismoencazorla.com/mapa/

Cazorla is a place of highlands, obviously there is not a motorway in the middle. The Natural Park of Cazorla, Segura y las Villas is the second Natural Park greater of Europe and the greatest of Spain.

3. Re: Cazorla - help and information please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Jaen
More Jaen Topics