We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Base

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
37 reviews
Base

We are travelling through Andalucia and we plan to visit Ronda, Antequera & Granada. We have 5 nights should we split the nights between each place or are they close enough for us to use 1 as a base

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Base

Ronda is, my guesstimate, two hours and a little each way by car to Granada. If you want a base without moving and least travel time waste, Antequera would be it.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,834 posts
292 reviews
2. Re: Base

Believe that you are car touring. If I was doing this I would prefer to stay in Granada overnight at least preferably 2 nights just so that maybe arriving one afternoon and leaving in morning on 3rd day gives an entire full day and plus you have 2 evenings during which you have the city to enjoy especially the Albayzin. But choose your accommodation with care if with car.

Based at Antequera would allow some touring of the hills and taking in some "pueblos blancos" to Ronda and elsewhere within just a few hours of driving but if you wanted one base for exploring the hills then personally I may choose being based in Ronda or very near to Ronda. The daytime tour buses do disgorge to the gorge and there is quite a nice atmosphere within the town first thing in morning and evenings plus you can easily get around to visit some interesting villages in the entire Serrania de Ronda or beyond if you want.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
70,661 posts
3,788 reviews
3. Re: Base

peter:

You need two days in Granada. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

I recently stayed in Granada and stayed downtown at the Vincci Albayzin, which has parking. You can look for my review in TA.

In Antequera I stayed recently at the Parador, which I liked very much. It has parking and a very good breakfast buffet. Also read my review in TA.

Edited: 23 April 2014, 10:33
4. Re: Base

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 16:05
Edited: 14 May 2014, 16:05
5. Re: Base

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2015, 06:45
Get answers to your questions about Antequera
More Antequera Topics