We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing stations in Antequara for train to Algeciras

Cheboygan...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Changing stations in Antequara for train to Algeciras

I have seen information saying the station is 17 km from the town. When going by rail from Barcelona to Algeciras, do you need to change stations and is transportation required between the stations? We will be traveling with luggage and a mobility scooter.

El Torcal Natural Park
Geologic Formations, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Lobo Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Alcazaba de Antequera
Other Ranches & Farms
Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing stations in Antequara for train to Algeciras

You change trains at Santa Ana station, so no further concerns.

Cheboygan...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing stations in Antequara for train to Algeciras

Thanks. Are there places to eat in the station?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,559 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing stations in Antequara for train to Algeciras

I have passed through Santa Ana station and it is modern and probably has some place to eat something but very few passengers actually alight here as far as I can tell. There are two trains a day from Madrid to Algeciras which are comfortable called ALARIS and the station used by that and the Barcelona incoming is Atocha. If you want a break of the journey then perhaps using the Madrid change over may be good although could be longer. I have not seen the time tables. I think the train that you may be using from Santa Ana to Algeciras may be a Media Distancia one which stops at several stations and does give good views of the scenery.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing stations in Antequara for train to Algeciras

Re: your #2.

Yes there is a cafe at Santa Ana, but without knowing what journey you are on, have you the time during changeover? Again, without knowing what journey/train type you are on, you could be using the cafe on the train.

5. Re: Changing stations in Antequara for train to Algeciras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2016, 23:48
Get answers to your questions about Antequera
More Antequera Topics